Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: been a rough few weeks

Boolit Grand Master

been a rough few weeks

Got blood work done and developed cellulitis a week or so later. struggled with that for a couple weeks ( 10 days of heavy antibiotics which affected stomach and such also). Made using the walker hard to do. Now we think this also brought on a flair with the MS. Talked with nurse today and will hear back from neurologist tomorrow. Im now using the electric geo chair in the house. Its been rough but working thru it best I can.

On the plus side last fall I replaced the 2 small steps into the house with a ramp so the chair isnt as big an issue, Guess some one was guiding me there. While a smaller lighter chair the Geo is tight in my doorways, a little under 2" clearance. But it is easier cooling and carrying meals and things than the walker is.

Boolit Master
    I hope things get better for you and does not impinge on your ability to enjoy your new shop in the future!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”

Boolit Grand Master

Oh Im gong to use the new shop no mater what. Part of the reason for it was to he rehab to keep me active. Im to ornery and stubborn to give up

Boolit Master

country gent sorry to hear of your "flare up" and sounds like you will beat it and move on. Your attitude is so positive and your outlook is too. I've said a prayer for your situation and know that the Lord will come along side and help you through it.
    Stan
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Boolit Grand Master

Smoked Turkey, I still do most of what I did before. Just not as fast or the same way. I do use more power tools since pushing a saw file plane from a wheel chair moves me more than the tools LOL.
    One thing I did do on the new building was chain fall type door openers, When you bend over in the chair with the belt unfastened and pull up it pulls you right out of the chair, learned that real quick.

Hope you heal quick and bounce back - seems like every year since I hit my late 40's has seen a new health issue, more meds, etc.

The Golden Years have come at last - The Golden Years can kiss my ***!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I just saw this thread. Sorry to hear about your struggles. I know what it's like to deal with medical issues. I have a few myself. The number one thing is a good frame of mind. Looks like you have that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Keep fightin' CG!
    HOLLYWOOD Collector Left hawg 405#, right one 315#, had my elderly neighbors granddaughter treed and why I got the call. Both charged, one from 20' and one from 40'. Thanks to the good Lord and Samuel Colt I won. May God bless our Lawmen & Soldiers!

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you CG - I hope things get better and back on an even keel for you - keep positive and know there are a lot of folks thinking about you and pulling for you.

We’re wishing you the best! A good attitude and a strong will to win goes a long way! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Grand Master

A truly heart felt thank you to all. The support is overwhelming. Ive been fighting the MS for 20 years now. Looking like Im going to be getting an MRI now. While not painful they re a pain to go thru. Head neck orbs and spine is roughly 4 hours in the tube laying with out moving or sleeping.

Ironically the car accident that took my wife is thought to have brought on the flair up they could diagnose the MS with.

Again a Thank you to all, Sounding off occasionally helps a lot

Boolit Grand Master

I've been away a couple of days and I'm just now seeing this. Wishing you the best and hoping you have a fast recovery.

I hate those MRIs. I get cramps and its a fight to stay still. And it seems like I get an itch as soon as they roll me into the tube.

Pulling for you Gent,you're an inspiration to just keep on,keeping on.

Boolit Master
    Best wishes, Country Gent.

Boolit Master

Our thoughts are with you & wishing for a quick & full recovery for you! Keep up that fightin’ spirit!

My issues are small compared to yours. Makes me thankful for getting around as much as I can. I use a scooter in large stores but do not own one yet.

Hang in there and I pray you get better quickly.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    hope the therapy gets you up and going again

Boolit Grand Master

Slim, One thing Ive learned is I can look in any newspaper and easily find many who are worse off than me. I am thankful for what I have and my abilities. I have 3 wonderful children now all are in 30s, 3 wonderful grandsons, many friends, and family. A few years ago the grandsons and I made stilts. They have worked with grandpa to make small wooden finger tops, and other small items. I made them each a wooden rattle when they were born. Granada usually runs he power equipment but when Moms not looking they get a chance, You should see the grins when they are turning handles on the little HF mini lathe.

Boolit Buddy
    My thoughts and Prayers are with you CG that heal and are able to get back to the things you love.

Boolit Grand Master

Update for everything.

Walkers are doing better no real distance yet but using them to get turned around into chairs and Toilet from the geo chair.

Control is doing a lot better.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast