Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If you could build, that special rifle,

I’ve also done a bunch of builds since I’ve retired. A M1a using a Ruger mini 30 action, remilitarized 2 ’03 Springfields, built a Marlin 1894 and a repro 1873 into Trappers, a cut up Krag into a scout, a pair of Model 12’s into a trenchgun and a riot gun and the one I'm doing now, a Ruger mini 300blkout into a garand. This one has been a real chore which frustrates me so I walk away and work on an easier build and then return.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6EEA064E-180F-4D9E-9EEA-473692652039.jpg   96AA494E-3DC8-4610-A05E-3C6A88244B28.jpg  

Banned
    I'd start with a Mauser 98 action, or a '96, add a varmint weight, match barrel in 6.5x55, bedded into a xxx grade walnut stock and topped off with a big Leupold scope.

I am finishing a Mauser '96 with a carry weight , 257 Roberts barrel in a standard grade walnut stock, it will likely wear a mid-priced Vortex or a Baush & Lomb scope as I have them on hand.

I’m not sure what rifle I would choose but would like a extreme figured stock that you would never get get tired of looking at ! Just a piece of wood art.

Jedman

Boolit Man
    Mine is a work in progress. Strong bolt rifle action ever. Arisaka t38. Simplified trigger and safety system-Timney. No frills but no skimping either. Probably a Boyd’s stock. Short barrel, detachable mags. Probably 450 bushmaster.

So far...
    I have the stripped action, bolt, bottom metal, a barrel to use as a thread adapter, cheap AR barrel to thread in and use for trial purposes.

If money were not a concern then it would be a African express double in one of the nitro express cartridges, fine wood, hand tooled leather case,
    Last edited by WestKentucky; 05-15-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Boolit Bub
    contender with a 22" stainless steal barrel in 327 fed mag with a .310 bore. got a email the other day from mgm it has Entered Production! so it wont be long now.

Banned
    Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator, or maybe a .357 M1 Carbine.

Boolit Buddy
    Probably the one on the CPA website splash screen. Muzzle loading breech seater. 32-40. Single prong butt plate though.

I've been fortunate enough to build a couple dreams. First was a left handed Tennessee style poor boy Flintlock. .45 cal. Wild Cherry stock along with Possibles bag and Horn and all necessary accessories. Second was a 98 Mauser action with a .257 Roberts tube . Action was blueprinted and a Timney trigger was added. The barreled action was bedded in a left hand shooter thumbhole Stock. Both of these rifle have been used to put venison in the freezer.

Boolit Man
    I'd like to build a 300 blackout improved as a boolit only plinker. I'd purchase a savage model 12 in 223, pull the barrel and save it for when my other 223s need it. I'd custom design a chamber reamer for a 7mm tcu body taper, and a 30 degree shoulder. The neck length and throat would match the boolit I'd intend to use.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tdoor4570 View Post
    I have built my dream rifles , first one is a 1917 eddystone rechambered to 300 win mag , richards micro fit stock , wildcat thumbhole sporter in tigerwood lam. 4x16 mildot bsa scope . Second is a 1917 remington rechambered to 308 norma mag, Boyds stock in coyote lam. 3x9 x40 mildot scope . this was a bubbed up rifle when I got it for $150 bucks , proud of both these rifles. would love to post pic's but can't .
    the 3x9x40 mildot just got changed to a 4x16x44 AO .

Boolit Buddy
    Wow...this is a hard choice. Just 1? Maybe a long action semi-auto in .30-06. Think along the lines of an M1A action stretched a bit, and milled to accept BAR magazines with a 24" heavy barrel with a 1:10 or faster twist to lob some heavier bullets. I'd add an adjustable gas block that can be turned off, and an extended charging handle.
    Being able to send Hardcast gas checked 240+gn boolits downrange 20 at a time would be the bees knees.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123