Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWidenersRepackbox
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: AR 22 Conversions

Boolit Grand Master

AR 22 Conversions

The AR to 9mm thread below reminded me. I bought a 22 LR conversion for my AR a couple of years ago and promptly got busy on other things and forgot it. It was sold to me as a “Military Surplus” unit and came with an insert to go into the standard GI mag. At the time I bought it, I found another of these mag inserts, but I am wondering about getting one or more additional. Also, do any of the other mags for other mfrs work with this system?

My attitude is “Two is one and one is none” when it comes to mags!

TIA~Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    5 is just a good start.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

I have a M261 kit that takes the T shaped mags that fit inside of a standard USGI mag, but there is also the Air Force kit which uses it's own mag and nothing is compatible between the two. Haven't looked into it for several years though but big dog mags had some high cap ones http://blackdogmachinellc.net/olympic-m261.aspx

Oh, and don't ever try to shoot 223/556 after shooting the 22lr in it without first cleaning the chamber unless you want to stick a case in the chamber and rip the rim off bending the extractor pivot pin in the process..... At least I had a cleaning rod in the stock to knock out the case and a new extractor/spring/pin in the grip so it wasn't a ruined range trip.

Boolit Grand Master
    You might be able to get .22 mags that will work with your conversion. Black Dog mfg. kind of sticks in my mind who use to make some