RepackboxWidenersLoad DataTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: What's a Monson, MA-made Dan Wesson Revolver Worth?

Question What's a Monson, MA-made Dan Wesson Revolver Worth?

I have a SS .357Mag. (with heavy under lug) and 6" bbl.* I'm interested in selling, but can't get a pic to post here. The gun is in VG-excellent condition and has never seen anything but CB's and CB loads since I've owned it. Any ideas about what it's worth?

Thanks in advance!

*It has the original Allen key/bbl. removal tool + spacer gauge as well.

NOTE: Per Maven this is NOT an offer to sell

Clarification: There's a local gun show this weekend and I thought I'd try to sell it there, but do not want to be taken advantage of. Further, the gun is the shrouded, vented version. As with all cherished possessions, I'm of two minds about letting it go.
    Last edited by Maven; 04-28-2021 at 02:09 PM. Reason: No an offer to sell

Boolit Buddy
    Some $! I like DW and I'm amazed what plain jane DW sell for. Depends on the area (market) as well.

Try the usual gunbroker sold for. I like DanWessonForum for solid information from DW fans.

Terms for shrouds: plain (?), vented, heavy, vent heavy. I thing the VH are the best looking ones.

Sounds like you've got a nice one.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I would do some more research before you sell it. If it is a rare variant then the price can go up significantly.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hereabouts, I'd say somewhere around 700-800 dollars, but I would not be surprised to see it go for more, curtesy of COVID, Sleepy Joe, and the rest of his scalawags.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hmmm, wonder what my 445 Super mag. would be worth???

Back in 2003-2004 I had a blued Dan Wesson Model 15 in .357 I bought from a local dealer for $400. It had the 2.5", 4", 6", and 8" barrels all with the heavy underlug barrel shrouds but did not have the original box. I only had it a few months and traded it back in. Today I imagine it would be worth a good deal more than $400. To this day it was the only example of a Dan Wesson revolver I've ever seen. I do remember it having very nice fit and finish and a very smooth action, it also had some type of aftermaket rubber grips on it.

Last weekend I sold a very nice 44V 8" with all the stuff for $1,100.00
    Beautiful deep blue. A couple minor scratches, looked as if had hardly been shot.
    Seems like the 357's are a little easier to come by.

Boolit Buddy
    750 -800 online, but if a small market like gun show 700 if your on the fence just hang on to it.

I've got a blued model 15 and a stainless 744 that wouldn't even consider parting ways with for anything less than about $5k. If I ever had to liquidate my firearm collection, these would definitely be the very last 2 to go and I would be extremely sad. I traded into the model 15 in the early '90s because I wasn't a big fan of a S&W model 19 I had. The S&W had cost me $200 at a local pawn shop and I traded it straight across for the DW with 2 1/2" and 6" barrels.

I picked up the 744 with 6" and 8" ported barrels about 8 years ago for $600. Because I was planning on shooting nothing but CBs through it, I ordered a replacement 6" barrel from DW that was not ported. That barrel has never seen a j-word since it left the factory.

IMHO, anything less that $1k for the 715 would be a steal for the buyer, especially in today's environment.
    "We the people are the rightful masters of both
    Congress & the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution,
    but overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Abraham Lincoln