Reloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
RepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Apr. 28

For Thought and Meditation - Wednesday, Apr. 28

Good morning all. Thank God for second chances (and third, fourth...). Have a safe and blessed day.

Wednesday, April 28, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    It Isn’t the End of Your Story

“It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible.”
    —Hebrews 11:27

Have you ever said or done something you regret? Maybe you thought, “If only I could relive that moment.”

What would Eve have given for another chance before that tree in the Garden of Eden? What would Moses have given for another chance to just speak to the rock instead of strike it?

But what happened with Moses wasn’t his whole story. Hebrews 11 gives us the Heroes Hall of Faith, an account of great men and women who trusted God and put their faith into action. For example, verse 27 says of Moses, “It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible” (NLT).

No record is made of his mistakes, and the same is true for the others mentioned in Hebrews 11. The passage goes on to say, “It was by faith that Moses commanded the people of Israel to keep the Passover and to sprinkle blood on the doorposts so that the angel of death would not kill their firstborn sons” (verse 28 NLT).

The action of putting the blood on the doorposts made the perfect image of a cross. So the judgment of God didn’t come upon their firstborn. Moses applied the blood of the Passover lamb, and he was under the blood. And ultimately, Moses finished his race well.

In the same way, Jesus died for our sins, and once we’ve asked Him to forgive our sins, we need to accept the fact that we’re forgiven. We don’t have to keep going back and reliving our past again and again or try to offer some kind of penance for our sin.

So if you’ve messed up, if you’ve said or done something you’re ashamed of, here’s the good news: God gives second chances.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Yes indeed he does, and thirds, and fourths.

But I think it does help to have a humble heart, and to truly feel remorse for the mistakes you have made.

I have a theory about getting rid of a particular sin you are having a hard time letting go of. Nail it to the cross. And LEAVE it there.

I have this visual image of the Cross covered 5' deep in little scraps of paper. And they twist and turn but because they are nailed to the cross they can not get away to come back and haunt you.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    Yes indeed he does, and thirds, and fourths.

But I think it does help to have a humble heart, and to truly feel remorse for the mistakes you have made.

I have a theory about getting rid of a particular sin you are having a hard time letting go of. Nail it to the cross. And LEAVE it there.

I have this visual image of the Cross covered 5' deep in little scraps of paper. And they twist and turn but because they are nailed to the cross they can not get away to come back and haunt you.
    Mine need to be lag bolted.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

1 John 1:8-9 John is writing to the Church, his 'little children' and says "If you say you have no sin the truth is not in you. If you confess your sin He is faithful and just to forgive your sins and to cleans you from all unrighteousness".

In the Old Testament the Israelites had many names for God, many descriptive, such as "The all sufficient One" or The Mighty Warrior" - well, this is God the Great Dry Cleaner - when we are saved we are 'made new' - cleansed and given new white robes. We promptly go out in the mud and get all dirty, and when we agree with God that we are all dirty he not only forgives us for getting so, he cleanses us so we are sparkling clean again. No begging for forgiveness, that extends from the Cross. Grief yes, we screwed up (again) and he cleaned us up again. Hopefully we are able to resist the temptation to play in the mud longer each time.

This picture is the image for the Christian who struggles with condemnation. There is now no condemnation (Romans 8:1) for those who are in Christ Jesus. This is in the context of Romans 7 where Paul describes his inability to resist sin, that which I want to do I don't, that which I don't want to do I do - and he ends his paragraph with - there is therefore now no condemnation ... . Paul and John are in complete agreement.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen!