RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Knives - How many of y’all still carry one?

Boolit Master

Pocket Knives - How many of y’all still carry one?

I was up at my cousin’s a couple of Sundays ago, sipping on a Guinness and the subject of pocket knives came up. My cousin is about 20 years younger and he stays more aware of things than I do. He said, “How many folks that you know carry a pocket knife?” I said I figured most all did. He said, “Ask around and see how many still do”. Cousin said if you will check you will find that very few do. And he said that when he was in school they were forbidden to carry any knives including pocket knives. I thought he was kidding, but maybe he was right, and perhaps I was like Rip Van Winkle and had been asleep for 30 years. I carry a 3" AG Russell featherlite lockblade and a small Swiss Army knife. What do y’all say?
    Britons shall never be slaves.

I've got a shoe box full of knives and carry a small 3 blade Case XX every day.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    Nope. Don't carry one.
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Master
    I have carried a pocket knife since I was 8 years old (now I'm 82) and continue to do so. I carry a Utica, 3 blade knife daily and a Puma lock blade when I am camping, hunting or up at my cabin. I would be lost without my knife! I have accumulated many knives that I use as the mood strikes me.
    R.D.M.

I’ll repeat what my Dad told a man about 60 years ago that he was working with, “I can’t believe a grown man doesn’t carry a knife”! I’ve carried one for as long as I can remember. Hell, even my wife carries a pocket knife.....though, it’s carried in her purse! memtb
    You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“LETS GO BRANDON”

Boolit Grand Master
    Been carrying one for about 60 years. Even all thru high school. Exceptions are gov't offices (nowadays--used to be different) and airlines (also different now).

Boolit Master
    I'm 34 and work in the construction trades, I'm always surprised how few people have a pocket knife. I carry a spiderco that I keep shaving sharp. What also surprises me is of the people that carry a knife most are barely sharper than a butter knife.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Boolit Man
    I always have at least one knife on me. I have a SOG key knife on my key chain that always gets me in trouble for forgetting about it and trying to go through a security checkpoint. My son and daughter if they don't have a knife on them, they at least have one in their vehicle. I was young when I was given my first pocket knife by my dad. The only rule he gave me was if I cut myself he would take it away. I still have the scar on my thumb from that knife.

Boolit Master

Always carry a pocket knife
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Yup...I carry everyday since about 1958 & it stays sharp.
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Buddy
    I've been carrying a pocket knife every day for the 17 years I've been on active duty. I would say in the military community it is uncommon to not have a pocketknife. I've carried benchmade, Emerson and spiderco blades, as well as the trusty Kabar. A good Marine always has a knife.

Boolit Master

I have carried a knife for over 3 decades, currently carrying a Benchmade auto and a Gerber multitool.
    "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it."
    ~Pericles~

Boolit Master
    I usually carry 2 or 3!

Boolit Master
    carried a knife since i was 10 years old .as laws have changed ive gone from fixed blade to lock knives ,now i use a bird tern non locking folder.economy model by spiderco.

I always carry one.

Banned
    never leave home without at least a swiss army knife and add a Gerber multi-tool to my belt when I go shooting.

Boolit Bub
    I have carried a pocket knife long then I can remember. When I go somewhere I can not have one I feel slightly of when I reach in to my pocket for change or keys and it is not there.

I'm 50, worked the last 20 years or so in an office. I never got into the habit of carrying a knife much, but always have one handy when I spend time outdoors.

It's pretty uncommon for people who live and work in a city to carry one. Most offices actually have policies against carrying knives.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I carry a Benchmade Osborn and a Leatherman PST every day. Got the kids folding Buck knives for Christmas year before last when they were 6 and 8.

Boolit Master
    I carry 3. A Gerber folding clip knife to slay cardboard and packaging. A Swiss Army with scissors and screwdrivers and a 2.5" folder with a wicked edge. I also carry a Coast LED miniature flashlight in a 9mm mag pouch. 2 knives and the flashlight are visible so I guess that's open carry. LOL
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast