Snyders JerkyRepackboxInline FabricationLee Precision
Titan ReloadingLoad DataReloading EverythingWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Pocket Knives - How many of y’all still carry one?

Boolit Master
    Keys in left front pocket, wallet in right rear, pocketknife in right front.
    I just turned around from the computer and counted 18 pocketknives on the bookshelf behind me, and I know I've got at least three in the garage.

If I got pants on I'm caring a pocket knife been that way since I got out of high school liberals would not let me carry in school. Last couple years its been a S&W M.A.G.I.C. spring assist and I use it like a tool and try to keep it sharp.

I don't carry expensive knives any more TSA has claimed to many of them. More Liberal retards.

Yes I am considered a city boy I guess, live on outskirts of Phoenix.

I have even bought the 11 year old sharp knives gotta learn some time right.
    Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid. John Wayne

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    time for some thread drift,
    - how many of y'all know what a watch pocket is?
    When I carry my Bunn Special or one of my Hamilton's it comes in handy
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Master
    We weren't allowed to carry knives in school, but I carried one every day since elementary school anyway. I don't carry as big a knife as I used to, but I still have a small Leatherman on my keys.. shocking how often it comes in handy even for an office worker. I can't imagine being one of those people that wanders around without a flashlight and knife of some kind.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master
    In 1988 I got a leatherman tool, used it every day for something and carried it till this past year. I always have a pocket knife with 50/50 blade ( half serrated ) and another just plain edge.
    Today while brush hogging, the plain edge disappeared, must have pulled out of my pocket while to close to tall bushes. It was a Rat ll with D2 steel blade. ~40 $. I would be really mad if I lost my Spyderco with the CPM35 50/50 blade. I’m not a steel snob, but that knife blade does everything I need it to do. I just hate to abuse it and the rat was great for abusing.

Mike

I carry 3 knives, old style Leatherman Supper Tool, old 3 blade Winchester, and Camillus USA 3 blade. When I leave town more go on belt, and in travel bag.

I always have a pocket knife in my Wranglers pocket Either one of several Case folders or the newest member of my knife family a K-Bar Warthog Lock Back Folder with a Belt strap

Boolit Buddy
    Been carrying a pocket knife for as long as I can remember. As stated by others, if I have on pants, I have one or two knives with me. Small 3 bladed Case with red handles goes with me every time.

Boolit Buddy

Yup, still do.

I'm 67 years old now, I can't remember when a pocket knife became part of my daily attire. I grew up in Oklahoma City, they didn't do the school lockdown thing over a pen knife, etc. back in those days. So it's really hard to say just how long I've been carrying a pocket knife. At the age of 13, my father moved us back to the rural area where he grew up. About the only kid that didn't carry a pocket knife, typically were the the young ladies. And more of them carried one than most folks knew about.

In short, I just don't feel right if I don't have a knife on me. It may be a small Trapper model, or a 4" lock back. But I have one always.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    I've always carried at least one knife, even in many non-permissive environments. Sometimes you have to be creative. Good quality nonmagnetic Zirconium kitchen knives are cheap enough to be disposable.

https://agrussell.com/knife/Stone-Ri...ite--SRG-23CKW
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Grand Master
    I used to, but changed to a Leatherman.
    It's more useful for me.

My Father would not allow me to have a Pocket Knife or any kind of knife I joined the Navy when I was 17, I quickly bought my first Pocket Knife after graduating Boot Camp from the Navy Exchange That was in early 1972. I have carried a Pocket knife of some sort ever since.

Can’t remember just when I was given my first pocket knife by my dad. But, I was expected to carry it everyday. Dad said, “You shouldn’t have to ask another man to use his knife.” I am old enough that I carried a pocket knife to school everyday. I was also told to keep it in my pocket unless needed.

My entire life, a pocket knife is with me every day. Two are kept in the truck along with other things. When armed, the knife is there, too.

Oh, Christmas is a big day for the pocket knife, as my dad, me, and son all have to cough up our knives so the ladies can open their gifts.

Watch, keys, knife; minimum daily load out. Other things as required.

Boolit Master
    When my granddaughter was 7 I gave her a pocket knife. Not a very expensive one but well sharpened and still of good quality, made in Ireland. We were at my cabin and she went outside and attacked a willow tree. Awhile later, she showed up holding her finger. "how bad I asked"? "Not bad" she replied, "but I'll tell you one thing, Mummy is not going to be impressed"! She was right.
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    I know we played mumble peg a lot in jr. high, Can you imagine the shock if jr high boys played this today?

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Benchmade knife I carried forever, but I usually don't now. If I need a knife, it may be sacrilege, but I have a folding utility knife with throw away blades I use most often. It's always sharp and zero work. I stopped carrying my pocket knife when I started carrying a revolver in that pocket, and because I almost always have that pocket occupied by a revolver, having my knife there doesn't work. Old habits die hard, so trying to carry it on the left or something never took off and I just leave it at home.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a knife in my pocket about half the time, but I’ve always had knives. We used them on the farm as kids, and we were fortunate to have good ones that my dad would pick up from time to time. Mostly Schrade USA or Buck stockman/two-bladed types.

Now I wear dress clothes a lot of the time, and I really have come to like the Benchmade Bugout. It’s so light you don’t know it’s there, even in a light suit pants pocket.

Another knife thing that I’ve come to appreciate, and that wasn’t around when i was a kid, is the pocket clip.

8mmFan

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outpost75 View Post
    I've always carried at least one knife, even in many non-permissive environments. Sometimes you have to be creative. Good quality nonmagnetic Zirconium kitchen knives are cheap enough to be disposable.

https://agrussell.com/knife/Stone-Ri...ite--SRG-23CKW
    THAT ! is a sharp idea !!!
    Thanks Outpost 75 .
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567