Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
WidenersRepackboxReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Knives - How many of y’all still carry one?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WinchesterM1 View Post
    Nice! Haven't seen that one. Mine's like yours but more utilitarian. And it's got an assist, so you can open it easily with one hand.

I went in to buy a knife, and the guy kept trying to sell me fancy **** with window breakers and seat belt cutters, and all kinds of cutouts and different finishes. I said "Look, I don't care about any of that crap. I need it to be light, not collect dust and lint from my pocket, and cut whatever the hell I put it to."

This one fit the bill. But I have to admit, the wood is nicer than the plastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

It’s a tool that I use far too often to be without it. Unfortunately the stainless steel blade on the Buck that I carry constantly is difficult to sharpen. I have no problem sharpening kitchen knives, chisels and plane irons very sharp. For years I carried an Old Timer with carbon steel blades. It was fairly easy to get shaving sharp but the blades are thinner than I want for workshop use.

Before pocket knives were prohibited at work a co-worker asked to borrow my knife. He started to use it to pry something and I stopped him. He was very offended (as was I) and was a real jerk when I offered him a screwdriver.
    Last edited by David2011; 04-28-2021 at 02:58 AM.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

I have a few Oldtimers and a small 3 blade Buck Pocket knife. At least one is in my jeans pocket at all times.

Banned

used to allways carry one. But anymore im at home most of the time and got out of the habit.

Boolit Buddy

Still carry mine everyday

Boolit Master

Back when I was working in the USPS we weren't supposed to have a knife. But whenever one was needed everyone came to me. I was carrying a Benchmade Bedlam, BIG knife.

Nothing was ever said.

I'd still carry it but those Benchmade belt clips are made from mild steel and bend way to easy. I've also got an HK auto from when Benchmade built them and it has the same belt clip problem.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fiberoptik View Post
    Yuppers, gramps rules— 4 things: got on clean undies? Got a hanky? Got your pocketknife on you? Did you go to the bathroom?
    Now I usually have 3 knives on me.
    Carried a few in the Corps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Got them Clean Undies ?

For some reason my old man didn't have a stance on underwear ... it may have been optional ... I never asked !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I carry a little Swiss Army job - blade, scissors, screwdriver/rasp, and more...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by winshooter View Post
    Got my first one around 1955 for Christmas from my dad. Been carrying pretty much ever since. I was in the Navy for 38 years and either had one on my belt or in my pocket, sometimes both. I remember when you could carry when flying. Right now I have a Benchmade on my belt. I'll keep carrying thank you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	il_570xN.288021545.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	17.6 KB 
ID:	282069

I used to fly with this all the time. The gate gal asked me about it, opened both blade and spike, held it aloft and stated "Look what he wants to bring on the plane!" Funny thing was she made me put it in my seabag, which I carried on the plane.

I carry these two every day and use the bm pretty much daily.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmattes View Post
    Nice! Haven't seen that one. Mine's like yours but more utilitarian. And it's got an assist, so you can open it easily with one hand.

I went in to buy a knife, and the guy kept trying to sell me fancy **** with window breakers and seat belt cutters, and all kinds of cutouts and different finishes. I said "Look, I don't care about any of that crap. I need it to be light, not collect dust and lint from my pocket, and cut whatever the hell I put it to."

This one fit the bill. But I have to admit, the wood is nicer than the plastic.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yeah I am a huge bench made fan!! I love them I have a barrage not the mini. I think I’m up to 13-14 benchmades now. I also use them for my hunting knives the high country or the high canyon... I can never remember

Boolit Master

I carry two every day. First a small Case Congress folder with 3 small blades goes in my front pocket with my money clip and key set and a Kershaw automatic with clip in my rear pocket. Unlike the BM the Kershaw's spring is very strong and does not bend on its own.

The Kershaw is my work knife for every use around the farm, house and wherever I am. The case takes care of the fine needs to small for the other.

I guess after reading the other's comments I have to say I carry three. I have a small spring-assisted Kershaw that clips on my pocket. I have a small Swiss Army knife with a corkscrew, and an old first generation Leatherman. I have replaced the pouch for the Leatherman many times. Last time I built a proper one with cowhide and rivets. I have stories about the Leatherman. I'm not sure I can get the knife blade unfolded on it but what I use most is the pliers. I saved the life of a whitetail fawn that was stuck in a wire fence. Its mom clearred it fine but not the baby. I had to cut just two wires.

Boolit Buddy
    Growing up all the lumber yards and hardware stores had sharping stones holders set out on the counters for the customers to use .

Boolit Master
    I have a three blade USA made Uncle Henry that I've carried for decades. I just looked at the logo - it's an 897 UH. It belongs in my trouser pocket, I just don't feel right if it isn't there.

When out in the woods camping, hunting, or just walking I like to carry something a little more substantial. I have a Buck folding hunter with a plastic handle that weighs almost nothing but locks open and holds a wicked sharp edge. I like it a lot, but it's pretty big for city carry.

I'm an old Boy Scout, and the scouting ways must have been burned in pretty deep. I still think a man should have a knife and fire with him pretty much at all times.

Be Prepared.

Uncle R.

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I have been carrying a pocket for 60 years - first one was a Cub Scout knife - back when just about every boy carried a pocket knife - even to school. I currently carry a Rough Rider Sowbelly Stockman pocket knife - I really like the 3 bladed knife and easy to keep honed razor sharp. Probably not a day goes by that I don't pull it out and use it for some task.

USMC 77, USRA 79

I have carried a Leatherman of some type for almost 40ish years. I carry the 300 super tool for the last 10. before the multi tool, I was a Case guy
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.

Boolit Bub
    I have on and off for most of my life. If not on me in my car or service truck. I do seem to loose the expensive ones I buy so I keep to the budget minded ones...LOL.
    I usually have the small one at the top in my watch pocket and sometimes carry one of the other 2.

Attachment 282097

Boolit Buddy

SEFL - land of sunshine, liquid and otherwise...
    Another daily pocket knife carry here. I too have asked folks -- "you don't have one?" I've gifted a couple to some friends and they have gotten used to carrying them as well. I recently retired from the AF Reserves as a Security Forces Officer and most of us carry a pocket knife, or two, and other things...
    As many, I feel that I'm not quite dressed, if it's not clipped in my pocket.
    - Have a good day and a better tomorrow...

I’ve carried a pocket knife since I was about 12. Couldn’t carry it to school but once I was home I had it. Every job I’ve ever had has technically prohibited the carrying of any knife but most guys still do.
    Last edited by Kyle M.; 04-29-2021 at 07:16 PM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast