Load DataRotoMetals2RepackboxSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lots of complaints of poor customer service nowadays....

Boolit Master

Lots of complaints of poor customer service nowadays....

So I figured I would give a shout out to Dillon.

Got an old Square Deal Press, not “b”, just plain old press that would not advance and missing a couple of pieces. Literally traded a Lee LCT press and set of dies for this SDP and dies and tools head for 45LC, 44, and 38.

I called Dillon and told them I traded for this and what it would cost to rebuild it. Got a RMA and sent it in on my dime, which I completely understand. Think I was quoted a rebuild was about $80 but parts was extra and I wouldn’t pay until they looked at it. That was two weeks ago.

Friday, I got a notification that my press was on its way via FedEx. I’m waiting on a bill, figured it would be in the packaging or emailed anytime. Got the press today, and it’s not the press I sent in......it’s a brand new press! New tool head, powder hooper( that was cracked and brittle), new primer rod, the works! Total cost, $0!

I have had nothing but great service from Dillon, and I’m not the only one. They do go above and beyond even in this crazy time of presses being in high demand. And not just because of the free replacement. I would write this if I had to pay the $80, and still happy to pay it.

I know I push a lot of Lee presses, and they are good and have treated me just as well as Dillon or RCBS or Hornady. And in this crazy time of high demand for reloading items, all the major companies have replaced or aided me in correcting my problems. But winner winner, chicken dinner goes to Dillon!

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    That was a heck of a deal ! Good for you.

Call up Dillon, I have a part that's bad, and it's my fault its broke. Part delivered for cost of shipping.

Call up RCBS, I have a part that's bad, and it's my fault its broke. Part delivered for free.

Call up Lee, I have parts that are worn out, because I have used this thing forever. Parts delivered for cost of shipping.

Call up CH4D I have a part that was broken when I bought it. Part was $2, plus shipping.

I consider that great customer service from each of those companies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boolit Bub
    I’ve dealt with Dillon and rcbs customer service. Both have been outstanding. I do believe Dillon has gone very slightly down since MD’s death.

Boolit Master
    I'm still waiting for something to break or wear out on my Dillon 550b so I can test the no bs warranty but I've only had it for about 20 years so no chance yet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by contendernut View Post
    I’ve dealt with Dillon and rcbs customer service. Both have been outstanding. I do believe Dillon has gone very slightly down since MD’s death.
    It has. I had trouble with a 550b that was a lemon about five years ago. Even though they fixed it, it costed me shipping there and some parts. But it is what it is. I was just really surprised it took them two weeks and just gave me a new one during this time of high demand.

Forgot to add, it took them three weeks to respond to my email! LOL! Though I was in for a two to three month wait for the repairs.

Lefty
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Master
    I'll give a shout out to Mossberg. I needed to replace one of the clips in the trigger group, they hold the retaining pins in. So I sent them the whole trigger group. 2 days later they mailed me a complete new trigger group at no charge. That shotgun hasn't worked this good for years.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Joe504 View Post
    Call up Dillon, I have a part that's bad, and it's my fault its broke. Part delivered for cost of shipping.

Call up RCBS, I have a part that's bad, and it's my fault its broke. Part delivered for free.

Call up Lee, I have parts that are worn out, because I have used this thing forever. Parts delivered for cost of shipping.

Call up CH4D I have a part that was broken when I bought it. Part was $2, plus shipping.

I consider that great customer service from each of those companies.

You pay shipping for Dillon parts??? I've never had to do that.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy
    Me either! Only issue I have ever had was relative to a impact bullet puller.........screw on cap shattered & they sent me a new one, then billed me 20 bucks.......Paid it just because their previous service had been great. It is notable that they apparently don't carry replacement parts for powder alarm hoppers tho, clip busted on mine and I got a full retail quote.......fixed it with some gorilla tape!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by rbuck351 View Post
    I'm still waiting for something to break or wear out on my Dillon 550b so I can test the no bs warranty but I've only had it for about 20 years so no chance yet.
    Having similar issue with both of my RL450's (1985-86).
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    I have dealt with Dillon in past and they are very nice and helpfull.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dealt with Dillon and RCBS. Both have been great!! Last Dillon service was I had broken a spring on the ring indexer on my 650. Called them and told them what happened and asked for a couple of spare springs as I have another 650. Took about a month, but they sent them, no charge. Luckily I had a spare in my parts box when the first one broke or I would have been out of service for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    You pay shipping for Dillon parts??? I've never had to do that.
    I may be remembering it wrong, but I know I did not pay for the parts.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by oley55 View Post
    Having similar issue with both of my RL450's (1985-86).
    oops, I sorta spoke too soon.

I finally started reloading 9mm for the first time and was having the occasional mixed brass case not slipping into the shellholder slot. Each time I examined the subject cases and could not discern the reason or brass type pattern. Eventually I fingered out it was only happening in one of the slots. Using my Chinesium pin gauges (which I mic-ed for accuracy) I found the suspect shellholder slot was apparently undersized at .3419", while the other three measured .3440".

So this morning I sent in a warranty request for my brand new 35 year old #5 shellplate and as I type a new shellplate is already on it's way at zero cost to me.

There it is, my first Dillon warranty issue honored and handled in the same classy manner as I have experienced from RCBS.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Bub
    When I first set up my Dillon Square Deal, I had technical problems due to my inexperience. The gentleman at Dillon that handled my call was well versed with the equipment. Despite my ignorance of technical terms,, he patiently walked me through the task at hand until we (ie he) had the problem solved. And he did it without making me feel like the idiot that I am.

Banned
    I have had nothing but excellent service from Dillon. Their gear rarely breaks but if something does go bad, they stand by their products.
    I broke a part on a 550, It didn't break - I broke it.
    Told Dillon I needed a new part and offered to pay for the part and the shipping. They sent me a new part and would not take my money.

As for Dillon's customer service declining, I think some of that comes from people exploiting Dillon's warrantee.

Boolit Bub
    One day I will have a Dillion, I just got a Lee Classic Turret Press and I am ok with it. It’s about what I expected from Lee. I did have a bad APP press and contacted Lee. The guy was nice and agreed there was something wrong with it, BUT I would have had to spend 26.00 to and fro to get it looked at and fixed. No thanks, I boxed it up and shipped it back from where I purchased it for a replacement. RCBS has been the best I have encountered so far, I called them one time wanting a oversized expanding plug for my 45-70 to make seating cast boolits easier, guess what a week later a BRAND NEW set of dies including the expander plug was delivered to my door. Would have been nice if LEE offered to chip in for shipping, especially since it was defective. Now, a press rebuild or something then ya I could see paying for shipping. Why pay 1/3 the cost of the machine just to fix what shouldn’t have left the factory to begin with. I’m not bashing Lee either, I think there a good value and I own the LCT, App,Acp. However, that’s probably the last presses I’ll ever buy from them. Love there case lube tho....

Boolit Master

dillon burned Me at the start 37yrs ago.
    Never been back.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

Boolit Master
    Me and Dillon go waaaaay back. My first Square Deal was $79.99. It was so long ago I was shooting an old Gold Cup with a hardball spring. A buddy and I split the cost, and shot enough to fill a 3lb coffee can with spent primers. You could shoot 45acp enough to obliterate the head stamp and still shoot accurately.
    My only issue ever, is due to the times. I ordered an XL750 just before Thanksgiving of 2020 with 9mm dies. They told me everything was 14-16 weeks out. Press came in 6 weeks, conversion kit two weeks later. As of this morning I am still waiting on the 9mm dies. Outsourcing is the culprit. Companies are reluctant to add staff on the manufacturing side, in a year or so things get back to normal, and they end up having to lay them off.

But it is still blue at my reloading benches.

Rich

Boolit Buddy

Shout out to the customer service at Mark VII. They’ve been responsive, phenomenal, especially under the current circumstances. I have not tested the warranty yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast