Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad DataWideners
RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Winchester 1906 .22

Boolit Master

Winchester 1906 .22

I went to a gun shop last week to check out an 1891 S&W .32 single shot pistol they had listed on their site for a decent price. I'd never seen one before. Anyways, I left the shop with a Winchester 1906 .22 pump at half the price. It was made in 1915. The finish is that nice old brown patina, the bore is very good, everything works as it should. No rust, very clean inside. I did order two screws from Numrich for looks.
    Cool little gallery gun. It shoots .22s, .22L and .22LR.

Boolit Master
    I had one a long time ago. It preferred really cheap ammo, which kind of stands to reason since it was made long before higher velocity 22 Long Rifle had been developed. Not sure of the brand but it was something like Federal Lightnings or some such - non copper clad. And liked it better than the usual stuff like Win SuperX or Remington Golden Bullets. In any event for accuracy, try everything you have on hand, and don't over look the cheap stuff.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Boolit Master
    While I don't currently have a usable Winchester, I do frequently shoot a Rossi copy. In my opinion, it is one of Browning's best designs.

Maybe someday Winchester will offer a Japanese copy of it, it should be a good seller.

I've had two shooter grade 06 Winchester pumps. Two of my nieces have the Rossi carbines. Neat machines they are. Have fun with that new to you JMB .22!

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

You probably have no idea how fortunate you are to have it - yet.

Mine's from the mid '30's and came to me with a bush-repaired stock that needed replacement and has a lack of finish that just about guarantees that it was probably some Depression-era family's primary mode of feeding itself - amazingly enough, a sparkling bore in spite of that.

Everybody rightly gushes over the 1911 and the machineguns, but the brainpower apparent in the design of Browning's .22's are a fitting monument to his obvious respect for the needs of small boys. I doubt you can wear out one of those pumps by shooting it, and the 1900/60/67 single shot? It uses ONE PART for the function of sear, extractor and at least part of ejection. . . and it powers all that with ONE leaf spring. Yeah. . . we are NOT worthy!
    WWJMBD?

In the Land of Oz, we cast with wheel weight and 2% Tin, Man.

Boolit Master
    Here she is, all prettied up with her new "action slide handle screws" from Numrich.
    And here's the oldies wall. That's a Stevens on top.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF5350.JPG   DSCF5356.JPG  
    Last edited by Battis; 04-29-2021 at 06:49 PM.