WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the current status with LEE PRECISION?

Boolit Master

What is the current status with LEE PRECISION?

I've been wondering what's going on at Lee Precision... Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is "out of stock". I went to their website to get some replacement parts for my Lee Pot, and they are literally GIVING them away. Wondering if they are changing the design of their melting pots, and wanted to unload the parts for the 4-20 pots.

Also... I ordered two 6-banger LEE molds from FS RELOADING back in DECEMBER... and almost 6 months later, they are STILL listed as being on back-order.

If anyone in this community has connections with LEE, perhaps you could get the 'skinny' on what's going on here.

Is LEE PRECISION even in business anymore?

"Inquiring minds want to know....."

Boolit Buddy
    I am sure they are in business. The current demand for their products far exceeds their manufacturing capabilities. I have seen certain dies and molds popup for sale on midway and other sites. Product is being delivered, but the backlog of orders will take some time to get caught up, let alone, have products to put into inventory.

Boolit Buddy
    I think lee is just good about parts. I got an expanding die insert for just the cost of shipping a few months back. The next one would cost though.

Boolit Master

every mold I've wanted in the last year has been out of stock. had to go to secondary and tertiary markets to find..

Boolit Master
    Midsouth just sent an ad about the Lee APP and ACP Presses, said they were In Stock. Ordered them, order said in stock, that was yesterday.

Simply cannot keep up with the demand. Their products sell as fast as they arrive.

This won't last, but for the moment it is what it is.

I just bought a new Lee six-cav mold with handles through Fleabay. Got it for exactly the MSRP as the sole bidder. This seems to me an indication the demand is beginning to slow so perhaps in the near future we'll be able to find what we're looking for though some specific items may be hit or miss for a while longer.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Boolit Buddy
    They've taken on huge orders from their distributors. Likely the distributors have a long line of backorders themselves. The entire reloading industry right now is underwater in backorder. I called Redding to request a decapping stem to replace one that was bent over years of use (I was chasing down concentricity issues). They put me on the phone with the gentleman that assembles and QC's the dies prior to shipping to distribution. He literally pulled one out of a new set and sent it to me, along with a few decapping pins. Very nice experience and it wasn't an issue at all, but he did comment that they were running round the clock production 6 days a week and still couldn't keep up with the demand. If that's Redding, imagine how things look at Lee, RCBS or Dillon?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NYBushBro View Post
    I've been wondering what's going on at Lee Precision... Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is "out of stock". I went to their website to get some replacement parts for my Lee Pot, and they are literally GIVING them away. Wondering if they are changing the design of their melting pots, and wanted to unload the parts for the 4-20 pots.

Also... I ordered two 6-banger LEE molds from FS RELOADING back in DECEMBER... and almost 6 months later, they are STILL listed as being on back-order.

If anyone in this community has connections with LEE, perhaps you could get the 'skinny' on what's going on here.

Is LEE PRECISION even in business anymore?

"Inquiring minds want to know....."
    The first of each replacement part on an order from Lee is free (+ shipping and handling) the second one of the same part you pay for (+ shipping and handling)

They have been this way for a long time. --- Kind of like a warranty on the parts.

EVERY gun-related manufacturer is scrambling to keep up with the newly increased demand:

8-9 million new gun owners in 2020 (check)

Military and law enforcement stockpiling ammo (check)

Remington shutting down ALL Ammunition production (check)

People are scrambling to feed their guns. When loaded ammo isn't available they have to make their own [or try ]

I'm guessing that NEW reloaders are buying/trying to buy, everything they think they need and end up with a lot they don't need/can't use, they just haven't found out yet.

Buying 8# jugs of powder that won't work with their guns ie "how much H4895 do I use to load for my 9MM"

You'll notice that reloading manuals are still widely available (and with all the new reloaders, ---- they shouldn't be )

OK sorry for ranting.

My 2¢

Problem: Because of some states requiring sales tax, Lee will not ship to individuals in those states. Virginia is one such state.

Boolit Buddy
    Likely this is all stemming from the Wayfair lawsuit that was settled awhile ago. That is why gunbroker is now required to collect sales tax in most states.

Boolit Grand Master
    I think it is a matter of catching what you want in stock where you are shopping, no matter who makes it.

I got a couple of new production Lee RB molds from Titan reloading a few weeks ago. Just had to catch them in stock.

I was in a couple of semi-local gun shops this weekend. Both had some ammo on the shelves, no primers though. One hadn't increased prices; the other one I don't knw first time there, but from what I saw they either had or they never sold any ammo pre panic.

Robert

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Bro, with millions of new firearms buyers - Vista Outdoors with a a billion dollar backlog - old existing gun owners that cannot buy new loaded rounds ... equals multi millions of gun owners, the rush started early to mid 2020 for Everybody to start reloading and any device to reload was cleaned off the shelves. Git the picture? And your in the caboose trying to buy From Lee who has empty shelves from buyers before you

Guess you didn’t take the time to read the details WHY Lee is out of stock and just jumped on the forum moaning ... https://leeprecision.com/
    Last edited by John Boy; 04-26-2021 at 01:57 PM.
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Bro, with millions of new firearms buyers - Vista Outdoors with a a billion dollar backlog - old existing gun owners that cannot buy new loaded rounds ... equals multi millions of gun owners, the rush started early to mid 2020 for Everybody to start reloading and any device to reload was cleaned off the shelves. Git the picture? And your in the caboose trying to buy From Lee who has empty shelves from buyers before you

Guess you didn’t take the time to read the details WHY Lee is out of stock and just jumped on the forum moaning ... https://leeprecision.com/
    Not moaning... just wondering where all of the 24/7/365 maxed out production is GOING....

BTW: speaking of moaning... "What did the grape say when is got stepped on? It just let out a little WINE."

Banned

Lots of free $$$$ out there over the last year. Almost everything is this way. Cars. Trucks. Boats. It will be seve rel years before it is normal again. Unless the Soviet democrats lock everything up again. But expect everything to be 2-3× the price it was last year.

I was discussing this early today with a long time friend and fellow shooter.

Given all the items LEE produces and sells, what takes priority in trying to 'catch up'? Good question huh?

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

You can check with one of the sponsors on here Titan reloading they have Lee parts I had got some from them in the past for my 10lbs pot .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Same thing as toilet paper last year

i've seen more LEE stuff pop up in stock than primers.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

Banned

just last week i talked to the operator at lee for about a 1/2 hour. He said there running two shifts with ot. Said they had to stop all direct sales and are just starting to full fill orders to major distributors. He said they havent slowed down and as matter of fact production is about double from this time last year. He said just concentrating on 9mm and 556 dies about has swamped them. that when they send a load to midway ect they fill there back orders and are out again. He said to have patients things will change soon. He also said the boss told them all hes going to do everything he cant to stop price gouging with his products. He said the boss is fuming at people selling die sets for over a 100 bucks on ebay. Said that that is why he wont sell directly anymore. Ive always been a lee basher on here but this conversation changed my opinion a bit.

Boolit Master

No imagine that across other makers.. and other products... demand must be outstripping supply by 1000%

Boolit Master

I've been waiting for almost 18 months for them to reopen their custom die shop for orders. I'm thinking it will be at least another year before they catchup depending on whatever gun control actions Biden and crew attempt this year.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast