RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the current status with LEE PRECISION?

I am sitting here, fat and happy in a 25 X 25 shop filled with 60 years collection of reloading presses, dies, molds and everything needed for the rest of my life. Lots of powder, primers and lead. There is probably a lesson here, but for now I will just be content to brag.
    Last edited by Char-Gar; 04-28-2021 at 11:49 AM.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master

Nice. Im almost there.. Not as much as you..but enough.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NYBushBro View Post
    I've been wondering what's going on at Lee Precision... Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) is "out of stock". I went to their website to get some replacement parts for my Lee Pot, and they are literally GIVING them away. Wondering if they are changing the design of their melting pots, and wanted to unload the parts for the 4-20 pots.

Also... I ordered two 6-banger LEE molds from FS RELOADING back in DECEMBER... and almost 6 months later, they are STILL listed as being on back-order.

If anyone in this community has connections with LEE, perhaps you could get the 'skinny' on what's going on here.

Is LEE PRECISION even in business anymore?

"Inquiring minds want to know....."
    Why not order the bullet design you want from Accurate Molds? He'll make you what you want, and the turn around time is now only 10 weeks. Sure it costs more, but it will be a much better product than the Lee.

Boolit Buddy
    I can only tell you that Lee Precision is one of my favorite companies...in the entire world. Period. Check that: they ARE my favorite company. I could literally list about five stories here where this grand old company has taken care of me to the point of ridiculousness.

Lloyd Smale kinda said it, and I’ll say it, too. If you want to get a straight answer from a company, and speak to a live human, call Lee Precision. 262-673-3075. You probably wouldn’t believe some of the stories of how they’ve backed their products for me, sent out new products, fixed old products that **I** messed up. On and on. They are a great company. If I need something, I ALWAYS look to Lee products first. Richard Lee was such a boon to our hobby. His kids are great. I’ve been to the business and been able to see it. If they say they are running full tilt, you can bet they are. Every business has to take care of their best customers first—that’s just how it is.

Like many have said, eventually this madness will end if the Marxists don’t completely get their way. Lee will be a company that I will remember and stay loyal to.

They have NEVER, and I mean NEVER, given me one single reason to doubt their integrity, ability, and talent and intent to make reloading, shooting and casting available to the widest audience possible.

8mmFan

Boolit Buddy
    I should add: because of an accident we had here, I had to replace my Lee Pro4-20, my Lee Soupcan 7mm 6 cavity, my Lee 6 cavity 9mm mold, and my Lee 6 cavity 45 acp mold. I placed an order with MidSouth in November, for these items, along with other things I needed to replace. I called Lee when I placed the order, got a tech, and asked him how long I could expect to wait for some of the Lee stuff. He said, “I hate to tell you this, but it could be a long time. Etc., Etc.” He was straight up and honest about it. And it did take a long time.

The quality and experience I’d had with the stuff that got destroyed made me plenty content to wait. The stuff finally arrived, and I’m glad I waited. All of it is first rate.

8mmFan

Boolit Master

LEE has reopened some of their custom shop operations.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Buddy
    Just tried to place an order and got the my state and sales tax message so we won’t sell to you. Any work arounds to suggest? What other states have this problem? Thanks.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    Just tried to place an order and got the my state and sales tax message so we won’t sell to you. Any work arounds to suggest? What other states have this problem? Thanks.
    Maybe have a friend in another state order it for you and then ship it to you.

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    With all the increased demand, we will probably start to see prices going up, when items are available.

Boolit Master
    Titan Reloading is best source for Lee products, don't know if they have shipping restrictions to some states. On their site stuff seems to be in stock, just picked up a 6 cav 358-125 RNFP mold from them last week. Also their prices seem a little lower than ordering direct from Lee.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Tonto View Post
    maybe order through Titan or FSreloading
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Another thing, I believe you can leave your email on products out of stock and you'll get an email once its back in stock.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12