Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bersa 380...wow

Boolit Master
    The Lee SWC-358-105 and HP38 seems to be almost magic in the .380's for accurate shooting.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Groo View Post
    Groo here
    Had a Compact but the sharp edge on the grip got me / magnum thumb..
    Now have a S&W walther [used] that someone rounded the grip..
    Shoots fine...
    The PPK/S style with it"s fixed barrel just flat shoots!!!!!
    Also, as the barrel sticks out past the slide,, you can poke with it and not worry about jamming,,
    The 380 is not far off a 9mm in these short barrels and with the round nose fmj goes deep and hits harder than it should.
    If not for current problems I would shoot mine more..
    The best load I think , is the fmj "flat" nose [like the browning] ..
    I don't like hps in this small /light/supsonic round and only use them when I am sure the load and gun[barrel length]
    can deliver 1000 fps + impact speeds at SD ranges
    I like your thinking. I carry my Glock 42 with 3.2 grains Titegroup under a 100 grain plated flat nose for a very accurate 1000 fps.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy

Worked part time at an lgs to help them out in weekends and help me with extra $$$. We carried an assortment of handguns at every price point. At the lower end, pricewise, were the Bersa 380s. During the 4 years I worked there, we probably sold at least a hundred of them. Feedback from buyers was always positive, every single one of them loved the gun. Good accuracy, no recoil, comfortable feel in the hand, and absolute reliability made them an easy sell, especially at their price point. In a world dominated by Glocks, Sigs, S&Ws, Berettas, etc. the little Bersa was a favorite.

Boolit Buddy
    ( rapidly typing every negative Bersa Comment from the internet even though never even held one in my hand... )

I really like the double stack as it fit my hand nice. My father's Walther does not fit my hand and is unpleasant to shoot. I found a Barreta Cheetah Double Stack used and saved some $$.

Boolit Master

Silly thing still shooting well!!300 rds,no problems!!!

Boolit Bub
    The wife has the 380 and 22lr Bersa Thunder.
    both are really good shooting guns. I honestly dont think we've had a single malfunction and they seem to be pretty accurate.

Boolit Master

610 rds,,zero hangups,,and final loads will shoot 10 shot groups @25 yards,,consistent 3 inches,,im pleased.

The fun store had a good deal on Thunder .380's so I put one in layaway jail. Hope it likes the same loads that my Glock 42 does.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Mold
    I have 3 of their 22's and every member of my family has a 380. five star performance for all.

Got my Bersa and it shoots quite well, definitely likes the same loads as my Glock 42. Only thing that sucks is, it launches brass pretty far. I suppose I'll try shortening the ejector a tiny bit at a time until it calms down. Have done this to other pistols with good success, about 1/32" and then test fire.

I'm trying- without luck- to remember ANY bad thing ever heard about Bersa pistols.
    I think that the Argentines have gunmaking down. My Ballester Molina is over 70 years old and still the equivalent of a Colt. Yeah, I said that.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Would love to find an Argentine FM Hi-Power someday. Bersa should start making it!

Quote Originally Posted by Half Dog View Post
    I am actually entertaining the thought of owning a 380. How does the trigger feel?
    The trigger is much better than a Walther PP series pistol and I find it more comfortable to shoot. Considering one can buy a Bersa for less than half the price of the Walther and get accuracy and service all out of proportion to the cost, the Bersa is a heck of a good buy.
    To paraphrase Ronald Reagan, the trouble with many shooting experts is not that they're ignorant; its just that they know so much that isn't so.

I shortened the ejector blade on my Bersa by 1/16" and that made a good difference. Shells now eject about 6' away in the same general area.

Have about 250 rounds through the Bersa so far with no malfunctions of any sort. This pistol is definitely more accurate than I can hold. The only real gripe I have about it, which is pretty minor, is the single action trigger pull. It is rather creepy and has alot of travel. No stacking or a definite wall, just what seems like alot of creep and then bang. It reminds me of the Ruger P95 I used to have, which I never could shoot very well. Still, I can shoot the Bersa just as good as my Glock 42 and Kimber Micro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12