Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look out, squirrels.

Boolit Master
    That looks dandy and a whole bunch of fun in the making. What this is all about, in my humble opinion.
    30 years ago I hunted squirrels consistently with a .32 muzzleloader. It dropped them better than the 22lr ever did. I would say most of my hunting in the woods amongst the beech, hickory and walnut trees were within 30 yards, may a few 40 yarders, many much closer as headshots were the goal. The PRB dropped quickly by 60 yards, when I would test it out on a metal gong. But for the actual picking the rodents out of the trees I had no need to shoot that far.
    Last edited by ChristopherO; 04-28-2021 at 07:39 PM.

Nice load. I very seldom hike out without small game loads for the rifle that I am carrying. I have not tried round balls, because light cast boolits at modest velocity have worked so well. I might have to just to try something new.
    The first purpose of the Second Amendment is too often overlooked, fostering a liberty of mind and action necessary in the people of a free republic.

“Ironically, the only gun control in 19th century England was the policy forbidding police to have arms while on duty.”
    ~ Don B. Kates, Jr.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12