RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything

Thread: Got some 22 ammo today

Boolit Grand Master

Got some 22 ammo today

So the friend I'm helping with his move, sold me a case of Remington .22 ammo.
    $20 a brick, 10 brick case.
    In the past that would have been high to me.
    But these days, and probably in the future, it is a great deal.
    I'm kind of happy.
    He told me, someone told him, someone sold a sealed can of military 30 Carbine for $1000.
    That is crazy.
    My cast boolet reloads shoot just as good as military ammo.

Boolit Buddy
    I would love to find some CCI Mini Mags myself.

Boolit Man
    That’s great. Haven’t seen any 22LR for sale in stores since last spring beyond the shot shell variety.

Cci just had a few different types of 22LR for sale on their website a few weeks ago. Keep an eye out.

Boolit Grand Master
    Can never have to much .22 ammo.

Boolit Grand Master

I have several buckets of Rem Golden Bullets. I might let one go for the right price
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

I'm out of CBs and Shorts; putting up with LRs till I can find some. I'm also going to get some brass ratshot shells. It took ten years to shoot 47 of those- I'm down to 3........

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    I’ve seem a few odd boxs of rifle Ammo at the local Wally World but no 22 or 9’s. Fortunately, I’m good on both. I just need a place to shoot.
    The local indoor range where I moved to won’t allow reloaded Ammo and at $30 box of 9, I WONT be shooting there. Magnums started at $40/bx.
    Another indoor range closer to Nashville I heard will not allow Wolf or other Russian Ammo, as well as reloaded Ammo.

The indoor ranges seem almost as bad as our anti gun folk. Just my $.02 worth.
    Texas by God, if you were nearby I’d help you out some.
    Mike

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by myg30 View Post
    I’ve seem a few odd boxs of rifle Ammo at the local Wally World but no 22 or 9’s. Fortunately, I’m good on both. I just need a place to shoot.
    The local indoor range where I moved to won’t allow reloaded Ammo and at $30 box of 9, I WONT be shooting there. Magnums started at $40/bx.
    Another indoor range closer to Nashville I heard will not allow Wolf or other Russian Ammo, as well as reloaded Ammo.

The indoor ranges seem almost as bad as our anti gun folk. Just my $.02 worth.
    Texas by God, if you were nearby I’d help you out some.
    Mike
    How do you figure? They don't want their backstops torn up by jacketed steel bullets. As far as reloads...have you read the owners manual for your firearm? Most have warnings against using reloaded ammo. Many will void the warranty for using reloaded ammo.

The indoor range doesn't want grenades on their range. The type of people that use indoor ranges don't inspire a lot of confidence in their reloading ability.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Fingers View Post
    The type of people that use indoor ranges don't inspire a lot of confidence in their reloading ability.
    BF makes several valid points but to me this one is a bit judgmental. I haven’t worked at a range since the scamdemic started so I can’t speak to current conditions but in my personal experience only 5% of our customers reloaded. The ones that did were very safety conscious, both as reloaders and shooters. Also IMO, 25% of our customers lacked the skills necessary to shoot anywhere.
    In many urban areas indoor ranges are the only available shooting venue. The owners have every right to set policy as to what they will or not allow, including projectiles, cartridges, propellants and conduct. I can’t fault them for wanting to protect their equipment and avoid injuries. A properly equipped, OSHA compliant indoor range is a major investment with high operating costs and a low return. They can’t cover costs unless most shooters purchase ammo & accessories. I believe this is the primary reason for banning reloaded ammo.
    I do fault them for accepting irresponsible shooters in order increase business volume.
    And that, to me is the reason:
    The type of people that use indoor ranges don't inspire a lot of confidence”

Expanding the shooting community benefits us all, if new shooters are also safe shooters.

Boolit Master
    Almost everyone here on Cast boolits reloads and shoots regardless of owners manual warnings and warranty’s. Most are responsible reloaders.

The back stop is cut up RUBBER chunks in a big mound, and cement and steel after that.
    They said you CAN SHOOT up to..., but no 50 cal. So I don’t think my wolf .380,9mm 38 or 45 will do any more damage than a brass Fmj 7.62x39. or lead shot gun slugs.

Factory Ammo has had issues also on a small scale but still.

Best argument is they don’t want to cull steel from brass out of the buckets AND make money on Ammo sales.

So people that shoot indoors are less responsible than outdoor shooters ?
    I’m not touching that one !

The only difference is Sunlight and longer range unless your underground at test sites where those kind of people test the Ammo and powder and projectiles that come in factory boxs !

Mike

Thank you BMI, good points.

Boolit Master

[QUOTE=myg30;5181834]Best argument is they don’t want to cull steel from brass out of the buckets AND make money on Ammo sales.

Most indoor ranges clean the floor daily and pickup brass to be sold (by the pound) to commercial salvagers. A magnet is used to quickly separate steel cases.
    At the end of a busy day there is a lot of unburned powder and combustible paper on the range floor. Left there it can and will ignite so it has to be removed.
    Lead and projectiles are collected from baffle traps and recycled but ranges are lucky if they can get any $$ for it. The airborne lead particulates and ignition dust is supposed to be collected in a filtration system. It always costs $$ to get that hauled away.
    Most states require periodic screening for RSOs to monitor blood/lead levels.

Back to .22...

Just for curiosity sake I tried to find Federal Auto-Match bulk pack 325 per. Yeah, I found some. I'll get to it in a minute. The LGS, had some consignment boxes for $58 per. I found it on "Cheaper Than Dirt" for $208 per 325 rounds. That's insane!

I see it's sold out now but check out the other prices. https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ammunition/?cgid=99901

Basically $200 for 500 rounds.

Luckily I stocked up after the Obama disaster subsided.