Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLoad Data
Repackbox

Thread: Loading Manual wanted pre plastic wads

Boolit Master

Loading Manual wanted pre plastic wads

I am looking for a Loading manual that was published before the "plastic wads". I would just like one in my collection. I need to know which one is old enough. I have found a hydraulic MEC reloader the guy said he used in his younger days. I would like to set up a display with the loader, manual, shot cards, wads and etc. The powder can and wads should be the hardest to find. Could even load some black powder paper shells with 1 oz shot.

Boolit Grand Master

You and me both!

BPI has some load data sheets using all card wads... no plastic. I have found very little pre-plastic wad load data in my searches though.

Black powder load data is more common than pre-plastic wad smokeless data in my experience. Here's a link to Tom Bullock's BP info:

http://www.tbullock.com/bpsg.html

Here's another that you might find useful:

https://www.shootingtimes.com/editor...loading/361504

You might try searching Parker guns site or the Double Gun site. There are likely some traditional loads buried there somewhere.

I'll be following this to see if anyone has an old loading manual they will share info from.

Longbow

Boolit Master
    I came on a NUMBER 5 Speer Manual for Reloading Ammunition (1961) that had a 2 page section of load date listing wad pressure, and approxamet hight of wad col. Gives a place to start. Going to MEC and reading the manuals for the discontinured models also helped. https://www.mecoutdoors.com/owners-manuals-sr

Boolit Master

Here is some information from the Ideal Hand Book from 1948

Last edited by dsh1106; 05-04-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Scott

You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them.

Boolit Man
    I have a Lyman Shotshell Handbook copyright 1969.Their First Complete Edition. Has info on reloading both plastic and paper shotshells. If interested PM me.

TGM