Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primers at Midway!

Boolit Master

Primers at Midway!

Just got an email from Midway that they have small pistol primers, to rich for my budget but $344.95 for 5000. If anyone is intrested.
    Frank G.

Saw that. 1,000 will cost $100 with the Hazmat. I'll pass. Gp

The raw materials cost so much more today than they did a year ago. (sarcasm)

Banned
    Midway has gotten really expensive:

PISTOL PRIMERS CCI

Natchez $50.99 ---------5 piece maximum order quantity per customer, per every 1 day.

Brownells $56.99 ------- limit ???

Midwayusa $74.99 ------- limit 1 brick

+ shipping and hazmat

Midway may be paying more to get primers more often.

IF you need them, you have to be fast!!! 30 seconds to 1 minute and they will be all gone

Got this email today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210423_155213.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	281813

Hoping its some kind of mistype and cci didnt really discontinue making #500 (cause a 5k pack is really just 5 1k packs. No special packaging for the 5k)
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalAB View Post
    Got this email today

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210423_155213.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	281813

Hoping its some kind of mistype and cci didnt really discontinue making #500 (cause a 5k pack is really just 5 1k packs. No special packaging for the 5k)
    I got the same email. That’s just Midway saying they will no longer sell in 5k lots.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Thanks to O'l Larry Potterfield, I've finally managed to score some CCI 500 primers at what I'd consider a pretty unacceptable price in good times, but this marks the first time I've seen primers in stock that I had been able to put into my cart. $100 per brick is quite a bit better than the abominations occurring at Gunbroker right now.

I saw a closing deal on GB for some CCI 500 that was going for $255 (with over 10 bids) with a Buy Now price of $325. An absolute scam!

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I got the same email. That’s just Midway saying they will no longer sell in 5k lots.
    Thats what i would assume they meant, but wasnt exactly what they said.

Glad you got some VR. Bet it feels good.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BrutalAB View Post
    Thats what i would assume they meant, but wasnt exactly what they said.

Glad you got some VR. Bet it feels good.
    Got the same email regards Federal small rifle and small pistol. It seems unlikely that both manufacturers have stoped shipping sleeves.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

No matter how bad that they are sticking to some one they sold out in less than 3 hours, If people want this ripoff to stop they will have to quit paying the people doing is, If the demand goes down the price will.

Boolit Bub

CCI is still listing SPP #500 @ $4.99 a hundred so maybe some profit taking going on.
    I wonder if some of these retailers are maybe doing that for the greater good of use all, how many more of use would buy at $50.00?
    I don't shoot as much as I'd like and I do have SRP I could work up loads with but I probably will just shoot less and wait out the panic buying.
    I know Primers are not going to be the same price they were two years ago for a long time if ever again, though I have picked up SR at the local GS for $7.00 a hundred with a 400 limit.

Boolit Buddy

rip off ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oaks&Pines View Post
    CCI is still listing SPP #500 @ $4.99 a hundred so maybe some profit taking going on.
    I wonder if some of these retailers are maybe doing that for the greater good of use all, how many more of use would buy at $50.00?
    I don't shoot as much as I'd like and I do have SRP I could work up loads with but I probably will just shoot less and wait out the panic buying.
    I know Primers are not going to be the same price they were two years ago for a long time if ever again, though I have picked up SR at the local GS for $7.00 a hundred with a 400 limit.
    i do not steal from people, i would not expect to be stolen from. and so i refuse to pay the prices wanted by the big stores, little stores, mom and pop stores . i will wait untill this panic subsides and then choose wiseley from those that didnt rip off the shooting public because they could.

Boolit Buddy
    sorry, i did this in the wrong spot.

Boolit Master
    rip off? or are they trying to keep up with increase in lumber prices, price of a 2x4 doubled in the past year also, but midway never did sell powder and primers at low cost like powder valley has. would be interesting to know exactly why prices are double what they were a year ago.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    The raw materials cost so much more today than they did a year ago. (sarcasm)
    No sarcasm needed. Raw materials of all kinds continue to be astronomical in price compared to just over a year ago. Everyone is complaining about the cost of lumber. Well that's a drop in the bucket on an industrial scale. Copper has more than DOUBLED in price in 12 months. Anyone who is just learning about this should invite me under their rock. I wish we could go back.

Boolit Buddy

I have not been all that happy with Midway's prices for quite a while. I have been sending most of my business to Midsouth Shooters.

Boolit Master
    cost of raw materials is up as well as scrap prices. makes me wonder how high production prices will go and also the effect it will have on prices starline will have to charge once they get caught up on inventories. these materials cost are based on worldwide markets for base metals and raw materials.
    hopefully midway will be kind to us customers and not gouge on prices when inventories are filled

Boolit Master

I traded 5 2x4's for 500 primers the other day. Anybody have any experience with the "non-corrosive Tul-Ammo primers"?
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Quote Originally Posted by TimD View Post
    I have not been all that happy with Midway's prices for quite a while. I have been sending most of my business to Midsouth Shooters.
    While I've certainly noticed the price hikes, Midway has very competitive shipping rates and delivery speed, but certain items are quite inflated in price, such as reloading presses. Other items are a great buy in comparison to other online retailers.

Also, I have VERY few physical retailers that actually supply Lee products in my area. Online is the only reliable source for Lee Products for me.

Banned

just looked and there all gone. have to admit at 300 dollars a case i would have bought one. What i wouldnt do is buy 5 packs of a 100 and pay hazmat on them.
    Last edited by Lloyd Smale; 04-24-2021 at 05:41 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast