RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersInline FabricationRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Remington ammo being made again?

Boolit Master

Is Remington ammo being made again?

So I know the brands-components and names of various Remington products have been bought by others like Ruger acquired Marlin .
    In my local store the other day I was surprised to see more ammo than usual on the shelf, .243, 308 .22 and more 12 and 20 gauge offerings than I’ve seen in a while.
    What caught my eye was Remington thunderbolts in bulk 500 round loose packs, and even more surprising is it was around $9 per 500. I don’t remember thunderduds coming in loose 500 round bulk- in 500 round bulk in individual 50 round boxes yes.
    All one lot number on the packs I bought . Have a new 22 to break in and didn’t want to use my CCIs to sight in and let my daughter and nephew blast all they want so I figured I’d try the “new” thunderbolts. And this wasn’t a gun shop but a box store so probly not “new” “old” stock someone sold or traded in like may happen at a real gun shop.
    Interested to here If anyone else has seen Remington ammo being delivered by the new owners? And if it’s better or at least as “good” as the old thunderduds.
    I’ll report back when I e had a chance to run some.
    I do remember as a teenager thunderbolts being cheap and easy to get at local hardware store and we shot lots of them killing rats coons woodchucks and such on the farm, I don’t remember them being junk back then but the last few years they’ve been terrible in my experience- dirty inconsistent and a few duds per box. I’m hopping for better with these.

Boolit Grand Master
    Hope not they make junk
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master
    They are supposed to have the Arkansas plant up and running full blast with new or rebuilt tooling.

Boolit Buddy
    I’ve had surprisingly good results with the thunderbolts in my cz’s.

Boolit Master

These boxes have an Arkansas address so just maybe possibly new manufacture?

Boolit Buddy
    I saw Remington 22 lr in plastic boxes in LGS last week.

Boolit Buddy
    Vista outdoors bought out remington ammo,
    Vista owns a lot of company's, federal ammo, cci, speer. way to many to list.
    https://vistaoutdoor.com/brands/

What store did you find them at
    Last edited by Adam20; 04-23-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Boolit Master

The walmarts of all places.
    Everything else on the shelves was federal in various flavors. That could mean something or not. I love a good mystery.

Boolit Buddy
    I keep getting emails from Remington Ammo claiming they are running, but have yet to see any on the shelves. but other ammo is starting to show up again at the local gunstore, and some bullets and powder.
    Barry

Saw some remington 30/06 at walmart yesterday. Also had winchester. Federal and cci 22s.

Ive been there when they unbox, they arent getting much in at a time. Less than 10 boxes across all brands and calibers.
    Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition.

Boolit Master
    this story says the old Remington plant in Arkansas is running at full tilt. I think its a good thing. I have no idea if this is where they make primers but hopefully they will produce the same consistent primers of days gone by.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/aaronsm...h=14fcc6f97f87

Boolit Master

Well I got an email to today from ammo depot - and they had Remington ammo for sale, 223,308 and I think 30-06 ,email said new delivery so unless it’s been tucked away in a wearhouse somewhere for a year or so it must be new?

Boolit Grand Master

The Arkansas Plant is just up the road from where I live. I go by there quite often. During most of December the parking lot was mostly vacant. Then after Christmas we started seeing cars there again.

I called a buddy that works there and he told me that they are up and running as fast as they can but were slightly limited by lack of raw materials. I didn't think to ask him if this was due to the previous owners financial problems or if it was a supply train problem.

My Buddy also said that they were going to hire or call back up to 300 employees. Thats good news for the area. They were one of the better paying jobs in the area.

Boolit Master
    "Thunder Duds"

Boolit Master
    LGS had Thunder Duds today $79/500. I told him what I read here & he said they must be miss marked.

Quote Originally Posted by white eagle View Post
    Hope not they make junk
    Suppose that depends on your definition of junk..... Not any one of the deer I ever killed (back before I loaded my own) believed them to be junk. And beyond that, in today's market.....if you're not a handloader, I'd expect those folks to be dang happy to see it on the shelf.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

I still have several 500rd boxes of Thunderbolts and have had darn good luck with them.
    The worst 22ammo I have ever had was Winchester. Nothing has ever came close to how bad that was

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    My 10/22 hates the Thunderjammers

Boolit Master
    I still have two bricks of thunderbolts I haven't opened. They are from the '90's. I'm still shooting old coast to coast and federals that are older.

Boolit Master

I saw Remington ammo at Dunhams. They even had 220 swift. 9.00 bricks? Boy i miss them days. It was 9.00-11.00 before the last ''shortage''
    One round at a time.
    Member of the NRA,GOA and FAOC. Gun clubs Zerby rod and gun club. Keystone Fish and Game Association.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast