RepackboxRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWideners
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Apr. 23

For Thought and Meditation - Friday, Apr. 23

Good morning all. Boy, did I need this message this morning. Have a safe and blessed day.

Friday, April 23, 2021- Pastor Greg Laurie
    Spiritual Amnesia

“Those who are wise will take all this to heart; they will see in our history the faithful love of the Lord.”
    —Psalm 107:43

My wife, Cathe, keeps a prayer journal, and sometimes she says, “Greg, look what I wrote in my prayer journal two years ago. Look at what we were facing, and look at how the Lord got us through it.”

It’s good to reflect on the faithfulness of God because when you’re going through something in the moment, you wonder whether you’re going to get through it.

That’s what happened to the Israelites as they stood on the brink of the Promised Land. They had a case of spiritual amnesia. They seemed to forget all that God had done for them over the many years. In Psalm 107, in fact, we have a record of all that God did for the nation Israel.

They had forgotten how God provided food called manna for them every day, right outside the door of their tents. They had forgotten how God had parted the Red Sea for them and directed them with fire by night and a cloud by day. The Israelites simply forgot how God watched over them.

Sometimes we get discouraged when we forget the faithfulness of God in the past. But has God not been faithful to you in the past?

Yes, He has.

Therefore, will He not be faithful to you in the present in whatever conflict you’re facing right now?

Again, the answer is yes.

And He will be faithful to you in the future.

Verse 31 of Psalm 107 says, “Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them” (Psalm 107:31 NLT).

Remember that. Give God glory for what He’s done because Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. He’s been with you in the past. He’s here for you in the present. And He will be with you in the future.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Grand Master

Amen. I've been teaching this for years.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Amen, God is faithful!

Boolit Master
    Amen Keep focused on Jesus.