RepackboxLoad DataLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners

Thread: Questions on a Texan Loadmaster

Boolit Mold

Questions on a Texan Loadmaster

Picked this press up at an auction with some other presses. Sorry I don't have any better pictures as I already disassembled to clean it up.

1. Does anyone know the production years on this? From what I have researched I believe it to be a gen 1 Texan Loadmaster.
    2. Was this press originally Red? It does not appear to have been repainted but I read somewhere they were all originally red. I'd like to repaint but probably wouldn't if everything was original.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0169.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	101.1 KB 
ID:	281774Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	281775

Boolit Master

I had one that was red. Sold it to lubedude here on this site. He is in TX and collects reloading presses. Has more room than me.

I think Texan eventually went to black wrinkle paint. I had a Texan DP II shotshell reloading press that I bought in late 1960's, and it is black wrinkle paint.

Banned
    That is the 2nd model, and yes it is black. The decal is rare to find in tacked. Be careful with it.

Boolit Master
    I've had two, a red one and a black one; sold the red one but still using the black one for all handgun ammo. Based solely on what I know from the person I bought the presses from forty years ago, I think mine were from the '60s. Texan moved from Dallas to Illinois, I think. After the move, they had a display at a SHOT Show in Dallas, about 1980 or '81. I'm pretty sure they went out of business not long after that.

Banned
    Welcome to Cast boolits glhc46

I have no experience with Texan.
    I did get these in part of a deal and they are just taking up space

Boolit Master
    I'm not positive, but I think Texan was better known for shotshell loaders than their turret presses. If the shotshell loaders are of the same quality as the cartridge turret loaders, they are good machines.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a sixteen gauge Texan FW press like pictured. It uses charge bars (which interchange with MEC) but has interchangeable bushings (different than MEC). Thankfully, I came across a bunch of bushings several years back. I really like how it's set up. I might have a set of their dies around somewhere. Seemed like their stuff was pretty good, and yes I've seen way more shotgun loaders from them.

Boolit Mold
    Thank you for the replies and information. I am very happy that it is original so I will just clean it up and reassemble. After researching into old presses I can easily see how collecting them could be addicting.