Titan ReloadingLoad DataRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Wideners

Thread: Installed a New Iris In My FWB 300s

Boolit Master

Installed a New Iris In My FWB 300s

I bought one of the Gehmann 530 Iris with 1.5 magnification and after installing it (even came with a little wrench) did some test shots yesterday before dark. Took me a bit to adjust the iris size then the diopter and it was amazing how much better the 10 meter targets I made appeared! The little white targets with a black dot in the middle now fill the front sight opening 100% and that eliminates idea of having to move the sight picture around to get everything to align. Several shots and all were in the .25 inch black dot in the center so I amd very happy and it seems to fix the issue of having 76 year old eyes.
    John

Boolit Master

Good move John! I used that same iris + mag combo back in my smalbore rifle days, I should get another for my new airgun. It sure improves the sight picture!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown