Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersReloading Everything
RotoMetals2Load DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading

Thread: WTB: Want to buy 10 gauge hulls

Boolit Mold

WTB: Want to buy 10 gauge hulls

Let me introduce myself. I have been a cast boolit member for some years now but have never posted. I reload handgun, rifle, and shotgun ammunition but have never loaded black powder anything. I want to restore a 10 ga sxs that I have owned for many years but never fired but I need some hulls to make this happen. If anyone has some surplus hulls and wants to sale some please contact me. I will be trimming them down so length will not be a problem. Let me know what you have and what you want for them. Your help will be greatly appreciated. Lewis

Boolit Master
    I’ve got a bunch but don’t wanna get rid of any . I bought all of them from Precision Reloading and sadly the REM and Federal are OUT of stock . You might be able to get a few ten round boxes from RST already loaded and they come in both 2 5/8” and 2 7/8”. Although they’re all low pressure smokeless not BP .
    Parker's , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by 6pt-sika View Post
    I’ve got a bunch but don’t wanna get rid of any . I bought all of them from Precision Reloading and sadly the REM and Federal are OUT of stock . You might be able to get a few ten round boxes from RST already loaded and they come in both 2 5/8” and 2 7/8”. Although they’re all low pressure smokeless not BP .
    My internet search has proved to be very futile with all suppliers. They all show to be out of stock and that is why I am trying to find someone here that might have a few that they might be willing to part with. Thanks for the recommendation and I will keep looking.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I can’t find plastic 10 gauge hulls anywhere either. I have found new brass for a little over $8 a shell.

I got lucky the other day and and found a dozen boxes of federal grand slam 10 gauge, 3.5” #4 two ounce in stock. One per day like everything. I bought one box and went back to the store twice since. I grabbed the last box the other day. There was a $2 mail in rebate per box of 10 so they came to $19.99 per box. From my internet search 50 hulls when available we’re about the same price or more with shipping. I figured if I wasn’t going to use them in my browning gold 10 I would have disassembled the ammo, cut them down, reused the #4 shot, and came out way ahead of the game. I ran into someone on another forum the other day that sold me 25 once fired 10 gauge 3.5” federal hulls for $18 shipped. Lord, there’s nothing cheap about the mighty 10! I picked up 2 boxes of a 100 12 gauge field loads at Walmart last week for $22 per 100 and 2 boxes of 25, Winchester #5 high brass 1 1/4 oz #5’s for $12.68 a box....loaded 12 gauge ammo for less than 10 gauge hulls.lol. No wonder why the 10 gauge is non existent. I remember back when browning first released its gold 10 gauge stalker model back around 90’. I bought one and there was “the hype” and ammo everywhere back then like the 410 getting pushed for turkey hunting.

I got crap the other day after I used my Damascus 10 gauge for the first time and shot a double bearded gobbler with it. I was told by a guy to go for more of a challenge and use a 410 or a bow. BTW, I’ve shot many turkeys with bow and arrow. BUT...in his 410 he uses #9 factory loaded heavy shot and a pattern master choke tube. Lol. His gun patterns better at 45 yards than mine does at 25 yards and the heavy shot penetrates better at 50 yards then my nickel plated lead shot does at 25 yards. Also his factory load is over 300 FPS faster then my black powder hand load. Some people just don’t get it.

I feel your pain. I’d tell you in today’s “panic” market your better off buying ammo like I did just for the hulls. If you can reuse the shot that’s in it you will be ahead of the game. I paid $30 shipped for one box of 2 7/8” RST#6’s when available vs $21.99 for 3.5” grand slams locally...Easy math in my book since 10 gauge hulls are about the same price of loaded ammo lately. BTW RST don’t pattern wort darn in my gun. I would have to limit my shots under 12 yards with #6 and 20 yards with their #5’s.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-05-2021 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Spelling

Boolit Master
    Noticed yesterday that Simpson's listed a lot o 43 Brass 10 ga cases. 400 bucks plus shipping. Looks like they are berdan primed as well. Wow!

Boolit Master
    I went through the same thing a few years ago with 10 gage hulls . Keep checking on the suppliers they will eventually come up , be ready to buy quickly .

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by toallmy View Post
    I went through the same thing a few years ago with 10 gage hulls . Keep checking on the suppliers they will eventually come up , be ready to buy quickly .
    As soon as I see any advertised I will try to be the first with an offer to buy. I check every day and hope to find some soon.

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I finally remembered to send out my $ to the the guy who sold me 25 once fired .3.5” Federal hulls for $17. I sent him an extra buck by accident. Guess I gave him a tip or interest for waiting. My load is 100 grains of FG along with 1 5/8 oz of #6. Its pretty mild IMO and patterns great.

My load testing is here...

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...10-gauge/page4

I can’t wait to find some #4 and #5 shot to test with the same load data.