Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Components Becoming Available?! Score!

Congratulations on your find. I lucked into 3k primers, online, and the excitement felt like a few days before Christmas.
    The sooner I fall behind...the more time I have to catch up with

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    WalMart?? Surely you jest. I have NEVER seen any powder, primers, or other reloading components at my local WalMart.
    Same here. Nothing like that around here, even in the "good" times.

Boolit Master
    This was a number of years ago. I stopped at a Wal-Mart in a small town in Utah, they had reloading supplies of all kinds plus reloading equipment, dies, presses, and a lot of shotgun reloading supplies. I think it just depends on the area. It seems like most people hunt in Utah.

Boolit Buddy
    I've purchased 400rds of 5.56 and almost 2500 .22lr over the last week. Yesterday I picked up a box of Hornady .30 110gr V-Max bullets off of a shelf. Tomorrow I go to my normal shop for reloading supplies to see what they have.
    Cargo

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    WalMart?? Surely you jest. I have NEVER seen any powder, primers, or other reloading components at my local WalMart.
    Right, where is this mystical place? The one hardly sells gun & ammo and has a sign guns sold by appointment only. While the other one has a little more selection it isn't much!

Boolit Master

I never really thought about it being odd that they stock reloading supplies. They just always have. Basically all RCBS products for some reason.

Boolit Master
    Components are still impossible to find in most stores. Anytime they show up they sell out immediately. It's just the luck of the draw if you happen to find something in stock. It's been the same scenario for the last year.

Boolit Buddy
    I would be willing to may 3x the normal price for a pound of Varget right now and maybe more. Good score there!

Boolit Master
    Our Walmart's used to sell guns as well as ammo. Never reloading stuff as far back as I can remember.

They stopped the guns when NM enacted a special law for FFL holders.

Boolit Buddy
    Just got a call from Graf’s. The W-748 I ordered back in November finally arrived and will be in hand shortly. They suspect they’ll be able to start taking back orders again in a few months. It’s never been this bad before.

Boolit Master
    In my area, people are waiting outside the sporting goods stores before they open, in hopes that they receive components that day. However, I did see some .22 LR and .357 Mag ammo at 7:00 PM yesterday at normal price.
    The best thing to do is not pay over normal prices. When scalpers quit buying up stock, we’ll have what we want.

Boolit Bub

Our local Walmart has never sold components but did sell ammo up until the BLM riots, (university Town) I'll have to check to see if they are stocking ammo again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12