Titan ReloadingRepackboxWidenersRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLee PrecisionLoad Data
Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Components Becoming Available?! Score!

Boolit Master

Components Becoming Available?! Score!

So the wife nagged me into stopping at Walmart after work for groceries. As usual, I made the sad walk past sporting goods. To my shock, there sat 10-12 1 lb jugs of powder. Then, even MORE shocking, I see 4 bricks of CCI SR primers. Amazingly they have no limits. I grabbed 2 of the CFE223, a H380, and a Varget, along with 3 bricks of primers. Happy as a kid on Christmas. To me, this is a sign that things are breaking loose. If suppliers are sending to Walmart, I'm sure others are getting shipments as well.

Wow, you horder! I just wanted to be first to say it.

Boolit Master
    WalMart?? Surely you jest. I have NEVER seen any powder, primers, or other reloading components at my local WalMart.

I believed it until I read varget...
    WWG1WGA

Haven't found primers in a long while but I managed to get two one-lb cans of IMR4227 and two of Norma 202 rifle powder a couple weeks ago. Don't stop looking.

Edit: Just discovered some Accurate powders at: https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/
    Last edited by Jim22; 04-20-2021 at 05:34 PM.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44Blam View Post
    I believed it until I read varget...
    That's the second time I've encountered it since the panic. About 4 months ago Sportsman's Warehouse had a pile, probably 20, 1 lb jugs. Walmart only had 2. I left one for some poor soul.

Yah know it's a dang shame that in the town that birthed Walmart and all the surrounding towns, none stock powder or primers. Academy did, but not walmart.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I do not recall EVER seeing reloading components at any Walmart in my area. I wonder if that’s like a district ir store manager decision. That was before whatever.

Today there is virtually nothing gun related.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Boolit Buddy
    Walmarts in our area has never carried components to my knowledge. Wish they did. Hope things will be better soon and start getting back to normal if that is possible.

Boolit Master
    Nice! I didn't realize walmart sells primers or powders! (Gotta admit, I think walmart is a scourge upon this country and don't patronize them..m)

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    Two local Sprawlmarts here. The one closest to the range sells reloading components (none currently). They do currently have Nosler bullets, RCBS dies and equipment. The other store had 4 lbs of Unique a couple years ago. Kickin' myself in the butt for not scoopin' them up. Nothing reloading related since.

Boolit Master
    I was looking last night for components for a friend. I wish I had a spare grand due to everything they had in stock. I'm sure it is gone by now.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Froogal View Post
    WalMart?? Surely you jest. I have NEVER seen any powder, primers, or other reloading components at my local WalMart.
    No kidding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Never had components at any of the ones closest to me and as of two months ago removed the firearm case and no sign of intended ammo case room. This and making/training me to bag my own groceries I have about had enough of Wally World!

Boolit Master

We have 3 WalMart stores in our town and none carry reloading components and right now no ammo, very few guns left. The original WlaMart in our town carried reloading supplies in the early 80's but when they moved the store, they stopped selling reloading supplies. I just back from the Powder Valley site and they only have one powder in stock, Accurate 1680 and I have never used it.

Boolit Grand Master

Per industry insiders it's not close to being over and it may get worse due to material shortages.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    Ours used to sell black powder and muzzle loading bullets. Nothing for at least 15 years. And as far as ammo is concerned shelves were bare. Only one gun shop in town. So have to order as they do not stock reloading supplies. And that isn't gonna work right now. Frank

I agree with M-Tecs. I think it will be at least a year and likely two years before we see a significant improvement in reloading supplies and good ammo availability. This comes indirectly from a sales & marketing type employed by a very large ammunition manufacturing corporation.

Boolit Buddy
    I have 2 Wal- Mart's that are within 25 miles from home and no reloading supply's. But 65 miles away is one of PA's largest gun stores and that town has a Wal-Mart that did sell powder and primers. Have not been in that store in a couple years so don't know if they still carry anything gun related. When Trump was in office I stocked up and haven't been out looking to see what was available.

Boolit Master

You talk'in about Clearfield?
    leadhead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast