Inline Fabrication

Thread: Nice 22 Boxes

Boolit Master

Nice 22 Boxes

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	281591 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0137.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	281592

Some nice 22 boxes from my collection. Some pretty rare.
    The "Scout" box is somewhat rare, but more rare is the predecessor that was labled "Boy Scout" US Cartridge Co was forced to change that.
    I've always liked 22 boxes even common ones take me back to buying a box for under a dollar and me and my dad spending an afternoon shooting.

Boolit Master
    Those are some VERY nice boxes, you must have an awesome collection! Thanks for posting them. How do you display them..if there are displayed?
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Cast Boolits Owner

Nice collection of .22 boxes.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master
    I don't have "on display". Thats why I pulled them out to display here.
    I've been collecting cartridges for over 40 years and 22 boxes always appealed to me.
    I've been a life member of the IAA for most all of those 40 years. I reccomend joining everyone interested in old ammo.
    Every year there is a International show (been in St Louis) probably 10 years or more now.
    Lots of good guys and you can see stuff that is incredible, one of a kind stuff.
    You don't have to be a member to attend, and everyone is more than happy to share information.
    Anyway, thanks for looking

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 218bee View Post
    I don't have "on display". Thats why I pulled them out to display here.
    I've been collecting cartridges for over 40 years and 22 boxes always appealed to me.
    I've been a life member of the IAA for most all of those 40 years. I reccomend joining everyone interested in old ammo.
    Every year there is a International show (been in St Louis) probably 10 years or more now.
    Lots of good guys and you can see stuff that is incredible, one of a kind stuff.
    You don't have to be a member to attend, and everyone is more than happy to share information.
    Anyway, thanks for looking
    We may have cross paths at one time or another, Show in St Louis has been held for more than 20 years, before that was in your state. Mel Carpenter had me make the commemorative shell show of 2001, also have an "award" plaque of my shot shell boxes, Richard Rains got most of my 22 boxes. Made the commemorative 'Show Shell' for the Souix Falls show for at least 10 years. Miss the shows but age takes its tolls. Nice collection you have there, I still have a Tony Dunn reference on the 22 boxes.
    Funny too, watched the "Wards Auction", last one, Peters Target box, empty 10ga sold for a little over a grand, Ha, picture I still have of 7 of them, sealed and full along with 2 'League' boxes and 1 box of 'Yosemity' made by the 'California Powder Works', all went to a high end box collector mid 90's.

Boolit Master
    SWANEEDB, yes I'm sure we have crossed paths, can't believe St Louis show 20 years!!
    I started going to show at Drake Hotel in Oakbrook, IL after they moved from Palatine.
    Dick Geer, Doug Culver, Ron Stadt are some of my shotshell collecting buddies from Illinois. you probably know.
    Small world!
    I've sold stuff thru the years that I cannot believe prices sometimes at Wards.....if only I'd known.

Boolit Buddy
    Nice boxes. ��

Boolit Master
    I should mention all boxes I have are full with correct ammo, never did collect empty boxes.

Boolit Bub
    They just do not make them like that anymore.