Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionADvertise hereReloading UK
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackbox

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why do you love single shot guns?

I have posted this on a similar thread about single shots, I am just fascinated with all of the different actions that have been used to breech a single round. I collect them and like the more oddball types as long as they were well made and shootable. By far the majority of game that doesn’t fly I have taken with single shots because I just prefer using the many types I have. When I was younger I did a lot of game bird and waterfowl hunting and started using semi auto and pump actions and then went on to using mostly double shotguns for hunting.
    At this stage of my life I have slowed down to mostly hunting deer and varmints and single shots are what I use.

Jedman

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps4590 View Post
    Now that's ironic. Because my Dad did not like them had no bearing on me liking them however, he did not like them. Had absolutely no use for one. Of all his firearms when he passed away all but one were semi-auto's or pumps. The one oddball was an SMLE.
    My wife calls me OnRee for a reason.
    Spell check doesn't work in Chrome, so if something is spelled wrong, it's just a typo that I missed.

Boolit Mold
    Mostly like them because of the simplicity. Started hunting with a old single-shot Savage Stevens 410 back in the 70s. Just kind of stuck with me. Second thing is like those adapters that you can buy I'm pretty sure you've got to have some kind of take down supposedly to work I don't think I can put them in a pump. Third I like hunting with a single shot mostly because I figure if I miss it gives the animal a chance to get away. Just makes it a little more critical that I get the shot off right the first time
    Last edited by Mossy88; 05-04-2021 at 08:54 AM.

Boolit Master
    Im experiencing a little burnout right now! My single shot addiction is taken a toll

Boolit Master

Single shots for doing-it-the-old-way simple fun challenge; semi and full auto for deadly serious "fun".
    The only government I trust is the .45-70 ....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234