MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cryptic phone msg

I have a cell phnoe. When I don't want to hear it ring I turn It off. Anyone who calls can leave a message.
    When I wake up and check, if it's some one I like Then I call back. If not Oh well.
    Leo

Anaphylatic shock is the reason I carry my electronic leash with me. I got stung my yellow jackets and was loosing consciousness in my son's yard (by myself of course) when I used mine to call 911 and give them the address before I went down and out. When I came to, the paramedic was telling ambulance driver to hurry because they were loosing me. Needless to say I made it and have NO patience for the scammers who call but the darned thing saved my life.
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

NON of my kids or the younger "kids" I shoot with have a land line they laugh at me which is OK i do the same

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dogrunner View Post
    Hate the damn things............nuthin' but an electronic leash! Still, there is some utility to be had if you are in a tight spot........my wife contracted with AT&T..phone/internet svc. etc.....she bought one that could probably teach you how to swim....also gave me her old one telling me to carry it.......problem is I hunt the Ocala Ntl. Forest..........AT&T has zero coverage there, look at a map of cell coverage and it appears as one big blank for that locale. Don't bother with the thing, should I get stuck back of nowhere I can always use my 2 meter rig............
    Ain't that the truth? Been going to Salt Springs for 30 years and it's always been worse than bad and none of the cellphone providers have service there.
    “Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem.” Ronald Reagan

Use to fish Salt Spring Run when the Lunkers were bedding during the spring. Great fishing!!!! Who needs a freaking phone there?

Tally so far: 246 Ingotized pure lead with probably less than 10 lbs of dross. Maybe not even that much, really clean melt. I like this stuff! Probably 200 more in the hard blocks that I'm not rendering. 175 on the very low side estimate, maybe

Forgot to add I ran out of shavings and used bacon fat. It seemed to do the job and the bacon & egg sammy was delicious. I flamed it when it started to smoke and the carbon left behind did coat the melt well until I was ready to scoop it out. I also stamped PB on these with the steel letters. How do you guys mark your know mixes like solder or 2%? The stamps worked well BTW.
    Last edited by Rooster; 04-30-2021 at 11:51 PM.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    If you own an iPhone (and I think this will work for those Android ones too), you can set up your "do not disturb" time setting for 12:00AM to 11:59PM and only people in your calling/ contact list YOU KNOW will ring thru. All others will go directly to your "messages" section (with no ring or beep or anything) for you to review later if you want. I get around 10-15 like that a day and just dump them all. You can see the numbers and listen to any VM's they may have left if you want.

You don't even know they bothered you until you look in your messages/received calls log.

Good FREE way to filter your calls on a cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    If you own an iPhone (and I think this will work for those Android ones too), you can set up your "do not disturb" time setting for 12:00AM to 11:59PM and only people in your calling/ contact list YOU KNOW will ring thru. All others will go directly to your "messages" section (with no ring or beep or anything) for you to review later if you want. I get around 10-15 like that a day and just dump them all. You can see the numbers and listen to any VM's they may have left if you want.

You don't even know they bothered you until you look in your messages/received calls log.

Good FREE way to filter your calls on a cell phone.
    Thanks, gonna try that.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master
    About 8 years ago my son calls me and asks if I want some lead, I ask how much he has and he says a lot, how much do I want. Of course I reply, I'll take all you have. Later that evening he comes driving up in the old S10 pickup I had given him with the bed sitting low in the back.

He was working at a crane outfit that off loaded ships and barges at the docks in Anchorage AK. A work ship had come in that wanted stuff removed in a hurry so they could refit for a different job. I ended up with a bit under 900lbs of 1/8th inch sheet lead in 4'x4' sheets of pure lead used for xray shielding for welding. He got about a hundred lbs of frozen hams, cheeze hamburgers and such from the ships freezers. Everyone working that shift filled there home freezers and then took the rest of the several thousand lbs of frozen food to the food bank.

My muzzle stuffers haven't made a dent in that lead yet.

Yep, you never know when the fairy will smile down upon you. Gotta keep the faith! Hallelujah Brothers!! Sorry, I got carried away a bit.
    Looking for USGI M1 and carbine rifle parts, please PM me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12