PBcastcoWidenersReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Henry Lever Gun and LBT WFN Bullets

Boolit Master

Henry Lever Gun and LBT WFN Bullets

I found a new henry today.I have been wanting a lever gun in 45 colt or 38/357 for a while.I do not have a big selection of molds for the 45 colt.>mold i have tht casts good it an LBT WFN 265GR anything else i have is for 45acp.Are any of you using a WFN bullet in lever guns? This will be my first lever gun I will cast for.The way things are right now a new mold would be months getting here.I am wondering abput feeding issues with the WFN bullet.

Boolit Buddy
    not in a 45, but I am using a 250g wfn bullet sized at .432 in a Henry 44 mag and also 2 Marlins, one 1977, the other 2019. works well in all three for me.
    Barry

Boolit Buddy
    I use the Lee 452-255 wfn in my Henry, sized to .452 it feeds and shoots great...
    Retired: school of hard knocks
    NRA Lifer

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Midohhntr View Post
    I use the Lee 452-255 wfn in my Henry, sized to .452 it feeds and shoots great...
    That is an excellent choice and the OP can even sample it with the inexpensive two cavity (I think) version. Easy to cast. It also powder coats well or takes Lee Liquid Allox with JPW really well. Does not hold as much traditoinal lube as I like for rifles.

prs

Boolit Buddy
    My Henry .44 feeds Cast Performance WFN 260 grain bullets very smoothly. I was concerned at first glance but they were no problem at all.

Boolit Master
    Thank you all for the info.I did not go back to the LGS to get the 45 Henry.I would rather heave the 38/357.So fo now I will wait.I have no clue when i will see one i may want but hopefully not to long.I do belive i will use the 357 gun much more than a 45.A little less lead and powder.tho either one will be fun to shoot.