Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataRepackbox
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Wideners Snyders Jerky

Thread: 350 legend with cast in AR-15

350 legend with cast in AR-15

I am wanting to load a 350 Legend with an NOE 357-190 boolit for deer, this boolit seems to have a fallowing from this group, I do need to cycle the action, as doe's are all you can drag, no limit in MO. I and seeing no load data for this weight or a heavier bullet. and 350 Legend data seems to be in short supply any way, I am thinking some one here has been there and done it, I am trying to find little gun powder but currently have IMR4198, 2400, H110, W296 and AA1680 that are my powder that may do it, some one may know some thing better, Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dh2 View Post
    I am wanting to load a 350 Legend with an NOE 357-190 boolit for deer, this boolit seems to have a fallowing from this group, I do need to cycle the action, as doe's are all you can drag, no limit in MO. I and seeing no load data for this weight or a heavier bullet. and 350 Legend data seems to be in short supply any way, I am thinking some one here has been there and done it, I am trying to find little gun powder but currently have IMR4198, 2400, H110, W296 and AA1680 that are my powder that may do it, some one may know some thing better, Thanks
    Is that the 357-190 RF?

I am loading the Accurate 36-180 LG. I like it on top of a slightly compressed load of Norma 200.

Be very careful with W296/H110. If you are not shooting with > 90% fill capacity you WILL get pressure spikes and it is likely that your max loads are < 90% fill capacity. 4198 is probably too slow and I am not sure at all about AA1680. I tried Alliant 2400 but my velocities were a lot lower than Norma 200. BUT 2400 will get you a deer hunting round that won't pressure spike and ruin your brass...
    WWG1WGA

Banned

1680 and 4198 are fine.

Boolit Master
    I use that NOE boolit in my .350L pistol with 10” barrel. I use Alliant 300-MP at 23.3gr, if I recall correctly. I’d go with your 1680, it is a little slower than 300-MP
    8500' Wet Mountain Valley, Colorado

Boolit Bub
    I have loaded several hundred with lighter cast bullets and 2400 with great results, moa accuracy and absolutely no pressure signs. I think you'll have good results with this powder and with some of the others you have mentioned. I have even used 115 grain that has done well with 2400!

Boolit Master

I have gotten good results with1680, 296 & lilgun. I dont like lil gun in a semi. 1680 has never given top velocities its a slower powder but it almost always provides acceptable accuracy. Being a ball what fits is all ya can use cause it simply dosent compress well. Not unsafe just physically its nit friendly to compressed loads. I have found it push bullets out of cases with time!! I use 296 for my jacketed load in the caliber shooting the 165 FTX @ 2200+ fps.

One big thing I find with the 350.... Push things much at all and it destroys your brass. The bolt gun dosent but the AR surely do!!

Good luck

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw