WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationLoad Data
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
PBcastco Titan Reloading

Thread: Powder coating for 9mm lead boolits in Glock barrels ?

Boolit Mold

Powder coating for 9mm lead boolits in Glock barrels ?

I may have missed a thread on this subject,but i have looked with no joy, so here goes. Has anybody had experience with powder coating lead boolits in Glock barrels ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Boolit Bub
    I am in the process of putting together a few thousand PCd bullets for my Glock. I don't have first hand experience; however, for the past few GSSF matches that I've worked, a significant number of shooters have been using PCd bullets with high levels of success.
    Ed
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    NRA Range Safety Officer and Referee
    Disabled Rifle [F class mid-range and long-range] and Pistol [Precision Pistol, GSSF, and ShootSig] competitor
    Adaptive Defensive Shooting Summit participant
    IDPA and USPSA member

Get a lone wolf barrel, also gets rid of the bulge.

Vendor Sponsor

I personally have a Glock 21 45acp that has Untold # of pc'ed bullets down it. Plus have many customers shooting PC in glocks.
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

What do you want to know? I don't know that I will be able to answer your questions but I have a Walther PPQ with polygonal rifling. Very similar to a Glock and I have powder coated for it.
    A vote for anyone other then the conservative candidates is a vote for the liberal candidates.

dubble winger,
    search again using the "advanced search" option at top right of page, theres many threads on pc with glocks (6 pages come up) for "glock powder coat"

Boolit Master

I have shot over 10k of PCd 9MM through my 9MM weapons, including a stock Glock barrel. To be honest, I probably shot more through the 9MM AR15. Unfortunately, I had to take the 'black and fun' guns out of California to my second home in Colorado.

I 'shake and bake' using powder from Prismatic Powder from White, City Oregon. I have not tried Smoke's powder but I have read where folks had tried both and performance was essentially identical.

I never bought at the White City store, but did tour their facility. 6500 samples of their colors are displayed on the wall, baked onto aluminum strips for people to take samples. They also had car rims on display, as well as some ornate AR 15s either powder or cerrocoated. They even had pictures of large military vehicles and farming equipment coated at their facility.

Their prices are reasonable but their shipping is overnight only. For 'in-store' orders I was informed you have to order in advance so they can box it up and have it ready, no in-store orders. I would visit family near White City, but never pre-ordered for pick up.
    Common sense Gun Safety . . .

Is taught at the Range!

I have shot many thousands of home cast powdercoated bullets through my stock Glock barrels. Both 9mm and 45acp.
    No problems, no worries.

Boolit Buddy
    i pc 9mm and shoot in glocks with no issues, i size to .358

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I changed to a lone wolf barrel and have shot thousands of powder coated bullets in .40 cal.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Buddy
    I do the the same, PC with smokes powder. No problems in Glock Factory barrels.
    My 2 cents!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch-1 View Post
    What do you want to know? I don't know that I will be able to answer your questions but I have a Walther PPQ with polygonal rifling. Very similar to a Glock and I have powder coated for it.
    What most people miss is that the Glock is not actually polygonal rifling but a Ballard style rifling, the Walther PPQ is true polygonal rifling. I have both guns and it is easy to see the difference and I shoot Hi-tek coated out of both styles with out any problems, correct sizing and proper loading is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by Garyshome View Post
    Get a lone wolf barrel, also gets rid of the bulge.
    This is what I did with my model 23
    I actually bought a 40 S&W and a 9mm barrel to shoot cast. Normally for carry I put the original Glock polygonal barrel for factory jacketed loads.

Boolit Mold
    I shoot pc'ed projectiles out of glock 9's, 40's and 45's. No problem. I also shoot lead w/o problems but I clean the barrels after every range trip.