Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication

Thread: Magma Base Heater --- Shout out to Magma

Boolit Grand Master

Magma Base Heater --- Shout out to Magma

I got tired of swapping the base heater from one sizer to the other and ordered a new one from Magma. The rep that I talked to on the phone was very friendly and knowledgeable. He stated that they were out of the heater elements and expected a shipment about the first of April. A few days ago my new base heater arrived!

Its a quality piece of equipment! The base is thicker than my Midway heater. It has an indicator light on the heater housing and has a pretty substantial looking cord with a nice inline switch. I bolted it down and used it last night. The instructions stated that the heater control was pre-adjusted for a given type of lube and I didn't have to move it.

All in all I'm really happy with this purchase.

When a company is back ordered over a year, then "runaround" doesn't really apply. Magma is a small shop, and casting machines are just a small part of their business. They have limited resources, and aren't even taking orders for their bigger machines, since they have no idea when they'll catch up on the orders they have now.

If you need a sizing die or top punch, simply order it from Lathe Smith here on this forum. He charges less, has great quality and will deliver in about two weeks. His listing is in the Vendor/Sponsor section, plus he has a sticky in the Star Reloading sub-forum just above this one.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog1 View Post
    Actually when a company tells me when I talk to them on the phone that it would only take two weeks and then two weeks turns into a month-and-a-half a phone call, they don't know where my die is they have to find it and then another month and a half goes by to me that's the run-around.

Or just gross incompetence

Either way I've lost interest in it and that's why I'm going to get rid of the lube resizer and the heater
    I'm sure many will be waiting for you to list it on the s/s thread. Should have no problem getting rid of it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Grand Master

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Magma. Time are hard for businesses and especially small ones. If you keep your sizer and get your dies from Lathesmith I think you will be glad that you did. Once I got the hang of mine it will really size some bullets quick!

I guess this sounds like an advertisement for Magma but I'm not affiliated with them. I am however really happy with the dies and top punches I got from Lathesmith.

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Concho, Arizona. At home in the White Mountains at last. Formerly living in Mobile Alabama.
    Only 9 more posts are needed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Boolit Bub
    Fred,

I'm new to the forum and glad I found this post.
    Ty for the lead to Lathe Smith.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Kehr View Post
    Fred,

I'm new to the forum and glad I found this post.
    Ty for the lead to Lathe Smith.

Roger
    You're welcome, Roger, and welcome to the forum. Lathesmith is a great asset to us all. In fact, I just received my last order from him and it was right at a week from placing the order to receiving the two dies, top punch and lock nuts.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.