RepackboxRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationWideners
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recoil Pad Advise

Boolit Master
    I'm surprised that no one mentioned filling the stock hole with 7 1/2 shot under the pad or replacement. You can also very the amount as you can add a lot of weight this way. I have added extreme amounts of weight and they do get heavy on the way to you deer stand. After several hikes it gets better.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    Kickeeze is the only pad I install anymore. They are a good pad, but they are not a life changer. The best thing you can do is add weight. A steel rod in the hole in the butt stock should add a pound and a half or more. The other thing I use is a PAST recoil pad, which is worn on the shoulder.
    I completely filled two 12 ga hulls with #8 shot, crimped them, ground the rims off, taped them end to end and put them in the bolt hole of one hard kicker. I used a section of dowel to stop them from moving. That seemed to help.

But really for load development or range work the PAST shoulder pad works great without having to modify your gun(s).

Boolit Buddy
    I haven't got to shoot this week, but I've put a mercury tube in the magazine and thought about putting some shot in the stock. Maybe I'll get to try this next week.
    I looked at the PAST pad online but would like to put one on before buying one.
    Thanks guys, this is a great help.
    JAMES
    JAMESGR

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I use limb saver, makes a real difference!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Banned
    not a shotgun ---I was doing load development on my 06 with some stout loads and my shoulder got unhappy in a hurry. First thing I did when I got home was research a good, easy to use pad and found this: Recoil Eraser Slip on Recoil Pad, Gel Filled, Black
    https://www.amazon.com/Recoil-Eraser...s%2C237&sr=8-2

Boolit Buddy
    First off a BIG thank you for all of the advise about recoil pads. Saturday I went to a LGS in Cullman Al. about 40 miles from home. I ended up with 2 Limb Saver Slip on recoil pads, 1 for my 12 ga. Remington 870 Express with a rifled slug barrel and the other for my Mossberg 500 20 ga that I got the rifled slug barrel for. Also, bought a Remington replacement recoil pad for the 870. This is all they had that will fit my shotguns.
    The Limb Savers are a lot softer than the replacement pad. I've not tried these out yet maybe Thursday.
    There's a Cabela's in Huntsville, Al. that I'm going to try to go to this week. Hopefully they will have different pads in stock.
    I'll keep y'all posted on my results.
    The Moulton, Al. Trail Life USA troop leaders had a beginning shooter safety class for our troop tonight. And one of the leaders brought his 870 Express with a Limb Saver slip on pad installed. He stated that it made a world of difference in recoil.
    I discussed from a safety stand point the differences between my .357 mag/.38Spl's revolvers and the 9mm semi-auto's presented.
    Thanks again, all of the information is greatly appreciated.
    JAMES
    JAMESGR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12