Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading

Thread: Choosing a .32acp mold from Accurate

Choosing a .32acp mold from Accurate

With used mold prices and availability still being crazy I have decided to simply order from Accurate and be done with it.

What I'm looking for is something to replicate factory fmj loadings at about 77grs, round nose flat point instead of a fully round nose. I'll be loading them for a Beretta Model 81 and a Kel Tec P32. Possibly also for 32 revolver, but I have other molds for those.

The molds that look good to me are:

31-075R - marked for 32acp
    31-075S
    31-076C
    31-077B
    31-077C

I will be powder coating. The 31-075R is marked for 32acp and looks like it will get the job done, but I note he's sold twice as many of the 31-77B.

For 32acp which molds do you prefer? I want to stay close to the 77gr weight of typical factory loads.

Thanks.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Boolit Master
    I'm also looking for a 32 acp mold. I'm thinking that the 31-075R has better crimp options. I've had good luck with Accurate Molds using those listed for the specific caliber I'm loading for. But, how would that bullet be in a revolver?

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    My experience in loading for six different Colt and S&W .32 revolvers has been that their cylinder throats all run large, about .315" and that their fixed sights are regulated for 88-98 grain bullets.

Typical .32 ACP bullets are too small to fit the cylinder throats and will strike 3-4" low at 20-25 yards. Dual-use bullets I use in the .32 ACP and also in the .32 S&W Long are the 31-087B, 31-090B and 31-094H, ordering the molds at .313" and loading as-cast and unsized for the revolvers and sizing to .311" in the automatics.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Yes, my 32 revolver bullet molds are all in the 90-100gr range, except for my 327 molds which run heavier.

This go around is for primarily 32acp and since the Kel Tec is a light weight, short barreled pistol I want to stay close to a nominal 77gr weight. Sized to 310-311 after powder coating.
    Chance favors the prepared mind.

Boolit Grand Master
    My vote would be for the 31-75R, which is similar to the RD314-75 which I have and use extensively in my own 32 ACP's. I also use the MP 32 ACP HP, but not as much. I have to concur with Outpost, though, that if you want a dual purpose, Revolver and pistol mold, you'll need to go higher in weight and at least .313 as cast, and .314 or .315 would be better. In that case, I'd go for the 31-087B.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3703 (2).jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	50.4 KB 
ID:	281448
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.