Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: Beef short ribs in the air fryer

Beef short ribs in the air fryer

OK, the short story is that I love beef short ribs almost any way they're cooked. But this recipe needs work.

They require low and slow and normally I BBQ them (not grilled! That won't work) for 4 hours 230-250°F and they come out fantastic. That's after sitting in a marinade for a few days. These ribs had much less meat on them and the recipe I had said 10minutes @ 400°F then drop the temp to 325 for another 20 minutes. They were far too well done to be "best ribs". But as I already wrote I just love short ribs. Seasoning? Just S&P & gran' garlic, then I let them sit for a few hours to let that simple mix soak in. While the ribs were cooking I built a large salad. It was pig heaven (beef heaven?) for this person in ketosis.

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Will have to give that a try. My beautiful bride of 40 years received an air fryer as an anniversary gift.
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

I'm always interested in knowing how folks make out when they do "stuff". That's a hint. Please let us know how it works out.

This is the actual recipe I used.

https://airfrying.net/air-fryer-beef...and-delicious/

I have one rack of really meaty SRs left, 3 ribs weigh 7#. I think next time if I don't BBQ them I might do them in the air fryer at 250° for a few hours and bring the internal temp up to 125°F then brown them for maybe 10 minutes to finish them and get the internal to 129-130. I'll miss the cherry smoke but I might try it.

I was talking to the butcher in the meat dept and he told me that they put them out just to throw them away. Not surprising since theirs has so little meat on them and they aren't cheap for the meat to bone ratio. Can't eat bone.

I love short ribs too. I like your original method. Don't have an air cooker and, so far, don't want one. I like to use a chicken or turkey roaster. One of the blue enamel ones. Put a little oil in the bottom and sear the ribs on stove top on all sides. Then mix about one part BBQ sauce and two parts water. Put that in the roaster with the ribs and bake at 275F for three hours. Then take em out to the grill and give them a crust of cooked full strength BBQ sauce. Only takes 15-20 minutes. Then serve.

I have been doing the same thing with pork ribs and beef brisket. I like to put a rub on the brisket. A pork butt roast cooked this way makes wonderful pulled pork.