RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: How to post pics?

How to post pics?

I have tried to post pics the way I did. i.e. go advanced and then manage attachments, but this no longer works for me. Is there a new way to do it?
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Banned
    pictures need to be under 200 KB to work on CB

Many people use photo sites like Imgur to post pictures

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/sho...es-using-IMGUR

Steve,

Life Member NRA
    Colorado Rifle Club member
    Rocky Mtn Gun Owners member
    NAGR member

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I've not been able to post pics for months, no idea what the problem is.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master

I find most of the time it is the size of the picture I am trying to post. I use my phone for pictures and have an App on it called Resize Me. I can get the size down to where the site will accept them.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master

PHOTO POSTING 1-0-1
    There are many solutions to picture hosting and posting. Here is ONE site and I am not affiliated there. It requires registration, has a simple Learning Curve, no fee, and is without restriction on the number of pictures hosted or their file pixels: POST MY IMAGES HERE

After you upload your picture, there will be a DIRECT LINK (important to note) to copy and paste in a post here between "["img"]" and "["/img"]" tags (eliminating the quotation marks). You are writing html code there...it is that simple!

Works every time without resizing...but DO NOT delete the picture you uploaded to the host site that is directly linked here or your picture in the castboolit thread will disappear.

PHOTO POSTING 5-0-1
    If you are inclined to investigate, there is HTML code for pixel width and height of the pictures you display here.

There is Windows Powerpoint (PP) or LibreOffice Impress (same thing as PP) in which to pre-format multiple images, then use an App such as "SNIPPING TOOL" (on most computer's) to CUT and SAVE the image to your computer for uploading to the host site. As an example, this is one such group of images snipped from Impress on my machine and uploaded as a *.jpeg file to the host site above, then linked here:

There is nothing "magic" in learning. You can do this too. No "dog" is too old to learn.

Also, I am certain the Castboolit Moderators would appreciate ALL testing and learning to post pictures
    to be tried in the CASTBOOLITS TEST FORUM
    Last edited by Land Owner; 04-16-2021 at 11:03 AM.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.