Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
Repackbox Lee Precision

Thread: Win 92 scope and mount choices?

Win 92 scope and mount choices?

I bought a PARKERIZED (yes Parkerized) Win 92 in 25-20 made in 1924. Clearly the gun had been refinished but they really did a great job. No buffing and all the letters and corners are sharp.
    The price reflected the refinished gun, and it was fair. I wanted it to shoot along with the Savage Sporter in 25-20.
    I would like to scope the gun. I know it has to be drilled and tapped and I am not worried about the collector's value....after all, it has been refinished.
    I would like to have a talk with my gunsmith but I really don't know where to start with mount choices and scopes. I'd like to use it as a woodchuck gun.
    Just on prinicple, I would like to avoid drilling and tapping the gun, but if I have to, so be it.
    Suggestions?
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    The 92s have a single screw hole on the left upper side of the receiver. I used a side mount for the m94 with a single screw and used epoxy between the mount and the receiver. Its been on for several years now without issues but I haven't carried it walkabout much. Kind of mickey mouse but it's working and can be removed without damage.

Boolit Master
    ht tps://universalopticsrail.com/

i picked up a red dot mount but have not installed it yet

Boolit Buddy
    http://www.skinnersights.com/scope_mounts_31.html.

Scroll down to rossi scope mount. Basically a slotted rail section that would need drilled and tapped holes

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

If the rear barrel sight dovetail is about 4" from the front of the receiver, the XS LeverScout rail for a Winchester 94 can be installed.

The front of the rail uses a dovetail adaptor (furnished with the rail) for a fwd anchor; the rear is anchored to the top of the receiver ring after D/T'ing the top of the receiver ring for two 6-48 screws (also furnished).

<ebay link removed>

Of course, a "scout" scope or a handgun scope with about 9" of eye relief will be needed.
    Last edited by Mr_Sheesh; 04-17-2021 at 03:32 AM. Reason: No ebay links
    Now I lay me down to sleep
    A gun beside me is what I keep
    If I awake, and you're inside
    The coroner's van is your next ride

Boolit Buddy
    https://www.waffen-ferkinghoff.com/e...rail-rossi-m92

Scroll the pics to the left to see it mounted. These are avail in the US just google it

Trying to add image

Boolit Master

I don't know if they are still available but Rossi had a mount for their 92's the was D&T'd on the barrel under the rear sight with 6-48 screws. I've had one on my carbine for years with a Leupold scout scope. IMO a nice setup that handles well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN3833.jpg  
    "Masculine republics give way to feminine democracies, and feminine democracies give way to tyrannies.” Aristotle

Boolit Buddy
    NOE makes one for the Rossi M92, it might/should fit. But then your Win 92 would have to be drilled and tapped.
    “You’ve got to slow down to be fast” - Dad

Weaver has side mount base for 92 / 53 the one piece rail & ring assembly goes on with two big screws. I bought one for my 53 in 25/20 but decided not to drill it.

Not what you're looking for but it is a NO drill option.

https://www.turnbullrestoration.com/...del-1892-1894/

I picked one up to mount a Burris Fastfire 3 on a pre-64 94 carbine. It's a nice mount for a decent price.

Boolit Bub
    Look at Dr. Pearson's no drill scope mounts. Not sure if their Rossi model will fit a Winchester or not.