WidenersInline FabricationTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data Repackbox

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday - Apr. 13

For Thought and Meditation - Tuesday - Apr. 13

Good morning all. Great message and truth in today's devotional. Have a safe and blessed day.

Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - Pastor Greg Laurie
    When He Leads Us Through

“The Lord himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”
    —Exodus 14:14

There was no way the Israelites could get across the Red Sea. And if that wasn’t bad enough, the Egyptian army was in hot pursuit.

The people got so upset that they turned to Moses and said, “Why did you bring us out here to die in the wilderness? Weren’t there enough graves for us in Egypt? What have you done to us? Why did you make us leave Egypt?” (Exodus 14:11 NLT).

You know the rest of the story. The Lord caused the waters of the Red Sea to part, and the Israelites crossed through on dry ground. Then those same waters closed on the pursuing Egyptian army.

God didn’t keep the Israelites from the trial, but He kept them through it.

The same is true of the three courageous teenagers Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. King Nebuchadnezzar had them thrown into a fiery furnace because they wouldn’t worship a false god.

Of course, God could have delivered them from the furnace altogether. Instead, He allowed them to be thrown into the furnace. But when the king looked in, he said, “I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!” (Daniel 3:25 NLT).

Again, we see that the Lord kept them through the trial but not necessarily from it.

But what about when an accident or a tragedy happens in the life of a child of God? Where’s the keeping power of God then? In asking a question like that, we’re assuming that we somehow have the inherent right to live long, easy lives and die peacefully in our sleep one day.

The Bible says that our “future is in [His] hands” (Psalm 31:15 NLT). This means that the Lord will walk with us through life, no matter what we’re facing. We’ll never be alone.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

A great lesson today, Amen!

Boolit Grand Master

I like the part of the 23rd Psalm that points out that 'though I walk through that dark, terrifying valley, You are with me, Your rod and staff comfort me' - because Americans don't want to walk through that terrifying valley, we want to ride past in our air conditioned SUV's and point and say 'look, there it is!' - and the result is that we never experience God's comfort because we avoid the need for such.

If we follow God we will experience those terrifying times but also experience God with us - and that increases our faith.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

USMC 77, USRA 79

i love it!
    Any technology not understood, can seem like Magic!!!

I will love the Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind.