Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Hank to the rescue

Hank to the rescue

Mrs.Thumbcocker and I were assembling our new log splitter. The person who wrote the instructions had a real sense of humor.

Once the wheels and tongue are assembled one is supposed to "stand the beam into the vertical position " then you just push tha wheel assembly over and bolt it on.

We are talking about 4.5 inch cylinder on a steel I beam with other steel hardware mounted on in. I tried to lift it . Not happening. So Hank volunteered to help.

Hank is a 1965 Ford 4000. He is pretty agreeable and usually willing to help. Since I put an electronic ignition module in him he starts right up. Hank does have one issue. He has a drinking problem. He dearly loves 93 octane. About 2 gallons an hour. Still I am willing to overlook a character defect in a willing worker who pulls his weight.

With Hank helping getting the beam on the carrier was no problem.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    When I first saw the picture I thought Hank was pushing the building over. If the building is leaning as bad as it looks in the picture, I'd let Hank have his way with it.

Garage is fine. Camera makes garage look wonky.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jimlj View Post
    When I first saw the picture I thought Hank was pushing the building over. If the building is leaning as bad as it looks in the picture, I'd let Hank have his way with it.
    I think it's a wide angle lens and perspective. The horizon is higher on the left.

Aren't tractors Wonderful?
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcocker View Post
    Garage is fine. Camera makes garage look wonky.
    I hoped that was the case. A couple years ago we had a hay shed on the ranch that was leaning. We always said "one more year". One day a couple guys were working on some equipment getting ready to cut hay. The wind came up and they heard a loud crack. One of the guys grabbed his 5 year old son and made it out the end of the shed, the other was under a tractor when the building came down. After that "Hank" had his way with two other leaning buildings.

Banned
    Clearly the picture was taken in Central Illinois because the building is leaning to the right. Had that been northern Illinois it would lean to the left.

I have an old Farmall M with a Farmhand loader, 1940. Older than I am. Starts great on 12 volt. It won't burn a gallon an hour on loader work. It likes E-10. I wish I had a little smallish 25 HP tractor/ loader to help out. I'm color blind but most things in my country side have turned green.
    Never trade luck for skill.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gumbo333 View Post
    I have an old Farmall M with a Farmhand loader, 1940. Older than I am. Starts great on 12 volt. It won't burn a gallon an hour on loader work. It likes E-10. I wish I had a little smallish 25 HP tractor/ loader to help out. I'm color blind but most things in my country side have turned green.
    Sounds like mine. 1940 M with a Farmhand F-11 loader. I've also got a 1950 H with a McCormick #31 loader. I could survive without the M, but I could not survive without the H.

I also use the E-10. Even tried E-85. The M ran good. The H did not much care for it.

Boolit Buddy
    Hank is clearly the kind of friend I would love to have. Unfortunately, Senior living communities frown on such associates.

Isaac

Boolit Master
    Everybody needs a “Hank”!

Three44s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret4207

“There is more to this than dumping lead in a hole.”