Titan ReloadingLoad DataLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Wideners Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flordia Iguana, and AIr Rifle Target?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    They look better dead as lawn ornaments than pink flamingos, just sayin'

Boolit Master

Hey guys, for those of you who are thinking that an air rifle is out of reach financially, take a look at this:

https://www.crosman.com/product/crosman-vantage-np-22

The Crosman Vantage is available in .177 or .22 caliber and will drive 22 caliber medium weight pellets to some pretty respectable velocitires, fully capable of dispatching small game. Or iguanas. Do a search for reviews and you'll find this rifle is well received in the airgun community. From Crosman, it lists at $105, yes, $105. It's a nitro-piston design, shoots fast and is accurate. Put a Williams peep sight on it for under $50 and go shoot stuff! I almost bought one of these before I bought my HW 95, and I'll probably buy one anyway just to have as an iron sight gun. Check 'em out, theyre a pretty good rifle!
    "We take a thousand moments for granted thinking there will be a thousand more to come. Each day, each breath, each beat of your heart is a gift. Live with love & joy, tomorrow is not promised to anyone......"

unknown

Boolit Master
    Had a tree rat problem, had an 22 cal. cheap Beeman killed a bunch at 20/ 40 yds head shot stop them fast.
    Frank G.

Boolit Bub
    Hmmm. Roast iguana?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Tastes like chicken?

Boolit Master

According to FWC they (Green Iguanas) are in our county but I haven’t seen one yet.
    More established in Lauderdale area & south. When overnight temperatures drop into 40’s they start falling out of trees.
    There’s a couple that do a YouTube called catchin & cookin. As the title implies they harvest about everything then see how it tastes. They were snagging lizards in a retention lake in S Florida with fishing gear. Big lizards, some looked to be 30 lbs.
    The FWC says it’s legal for homeowners to kill them as long as it’s done humanely and in compliance with municipal ordinances. That might change after the sheriff’s swat team gets called out a couple times about an “AR” armed shooter sighted in the neighborhood.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12