Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad DataRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationSnyders JerkyWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ruger new model flattop black hawk

Boolit Buddy
    I have several Blackhawks, and prefer the 4 5/8" version. I have a .41 Mag, a .30 Carbine, and now a Lipsey Flattop .44 Spl. Too bad, but the .44 is a 5 1/2", all I could get at the time. I wish I could have, but I am not sorry I got it. The balance is better on the shorter barrel, in my opinion. My .44 is the easiest-to-hit-with revolver I own. It's worth the wait...especially if you really want one. the smaller frame is a dream-come-true. To make up for not finding a 4 5/8' .45 Colt, I bought an Italian Colt-clone with a 3" barrel. A smaller-frame big-bore... Have fun, Gene
    El plomo ES oro

Boolit Grand Master
    the search will be worth it for sure.I had one a while back and ran into needing money so I sold it,BIG MISTAKE.
    I never missed a gun so much before,so I started the search for another.Like you had one heck of a time locating one and after many days of looking I found one and now have another fine shootin bisley again.Mine like most of these is highly accurate out of the box no mods needed.Its a pleasure to shoot and carry so if you haven't found one already keep up the search it will be worth it
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Two friends of mine have the mid sized FT in 45acp/45colt, that’s in fact one of the things pushed my towards the midsized frame FT. If one comes along in 45 colt it might just get pressed into service. Still, I’ve got a serious love for the 44 and if I’m going to plunk my money down for a brand new one it’s going to be a 44 special. We’ll see how this situation shakes out this summer and hopefully see a few manufacturers catch up on supply. I’m doing nothing more than passively watching GB as prices skyrocket up past sanity. Did almost buy one on GB last week from a guy claiming to be in Idaho. it became pretty obvious scam really quick when I figured out he had pulled pictures from one I bid on two weeks previously and only conversed in poorly worded broken English. “Verified seller” was a scammer plain and simple. I’m done looking till thing settle down.

Vendor Sponsor

What I read was Ruger has discontinued the FT with the plowshare grip frame, they are only producing the Bisley FT now. If you think prices for the non-Bisley FT are st00pid now, heh just wait!
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

I’m going for the bisley, Ruger discontinuing the regular grip frame decided it for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210505_072040.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	282455
    Here's a pic of my lipsey's 44 special flat top. Love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123