Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersReloading EverythingInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Load Data

Thread: Spam in the air fryer

Spam in the air fryer

Of course it can be pan fried! But it can also be air fried. I'm using a Cuisinart toaster/broiler/air fryer. To keep the mess out of the basket (it's a PITA to clean!) I put a layer of parchment in the basket. I'll follow with links to the recipes I used and intend to use, but my words first. Air fried Spam comes out really good, even the wife liked it and she's not always the easiest to please. It's almost a different meat product done in the air fryer. But even if you still want to pan fry Spam the air fryer is still a valuable tool. In years past I would slice the Spam and pan fry it and I'm not opposed to doing it that way even today, but it takes time to remove enough water to where it will fry and brown. But if the sliced Spam is put in the air fryer @ 400°F and AFed for 3 minutes per side the water is driven off (par fried) and it can be stored ready for frying at any time in the near future. Once the water is driven off it pan fries in a jiffy right before the eggs. I've been par frying Spam for years in the frying pan. But it's much faster in the AFer. I gave temp' and time, you may need to adjust it for your unit. If I didn't want to use parchment for an easy cleanup my times would probably also change. To test Spam fries I just sliced a few out of a can and they were really good too. The outside is crisp and the inside still soft.

Edit: I also used Bacon Spam because that's what I had.

OK links to the info' I used. I used the information in the link w/o change or adjustment in my AFer.

https://airfry.guide/how-to/can-you-air-fry-spam/

And I found this interesting for the dipping sauce. I haven't made it yet. If you do please let us know how you liked it. I'd probably need to adjust it for our tastes. We like hot hot hot! I'm also in ketosis and it's still calories in (fat in) vs calories out, and I pick my fats. I might use yogurt for the base of the dipping sauce.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/27...dipping-sauce/
    Last edited by BJK; 04-11-2021 at 04:17 PM.

Boolit Master
    Sounds good. I've done bacon in my air fryer and it turns out great but mine won't hold much fat so I have to clean it out after ever rack.

Boolit Buddy
    This info might get me off the fence about buying an air fryer

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Krumhunger View Post
    This info might get me off the fence about buying an air fryer
    Me, too, and all the positive comments I've seen are about the Cuisinart, which has been in my Amazon list since I saw one at my brother's house last week.

Love my air fryer. Will be trying Spam tomorrow. Thanks for the cooking tips. Frozen hash brown patties from Wallyworld also great in air fryer.

Boolit Master

I'm sold, just pulled the Amazon trigger on one.

Nueces, I hope you like it and I hope you read my review of it. It's not perfect, it has a lot of wattage in a very small space. My wife sux at cooking and she doesn't like the Cuisinart very much. She burns stuff in it because she just doesn't know how to cook and thinks "cooking directions" are carved in stone rather than being a starting point for learning.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    Nueces, I hope you like it and I hope you read my review of it. It's not perfect, it has a lot of wattage in a very small space. My wife sux at cooking and she doesn't like the Cuisinart very much. She burns stuff in it because she just doesn't know how to cook and thinks "cooking directions" are carved in stone rather than being a starting point for learning.
    Cooking is like reloading, sometimes it works sometimes it don't.

Boolit Master

Thanks. Really, the high wattage in a small space is all it offers and the reason I went for it. Much better efficiency than with a full size oven.

I'd appreciate it if you'd let us know how you like it, esp' if you hate it.

Boolit Master

I'd appreciate it if you'd let us know how you like it, esp' if you hate it.
    Yessir, I'll so that. Scheduled to arrive today. Then it's a matter of clearing a spot for it.

I want to see if it'll resuscitate soggy french fries.

Boolit Master

Fried SPAM perfect cooked hashbrown pattys. I'm sold, just went to Amazon got the Cuisinart comi Saturday. Thanks Buddy

My pleasure!

https://airfryerworld.com/air-fryer-...brown-patties/

They look fantastic and I miss potatoes so much! And bread, and pasta, pizza, and the list goes on and on.