RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackbox
Titan Reloading Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: .38spl hard to find?

Boolit Master
    Offering ammo for sale here, or on the net invariably involves someone wanting it shipped. With HazMat fees & the PIA work, (remember, I'm NOT selling to make any money myself,) I haven't tried to sell it here. I did try a local Forum site, (Local pick-up only) and the members there, were, to put it bluntly, rude & accusatory. I was accused of "scalping" being an "armslist seller," etc. For a gun forum, that bunch isn't nowhere NEAR as nice & good as this place or a few other gun forums I enjoy.

The same gentleman had 5 boxes of 9mm, and I got them at the same time. Same price, $40 a box. I just sold them, finally, this past Saturday.

I'm sure if I took them to a gun show, they would sell quickly, but again, table rent, time etc when I'm just trying to be nice & help an older guy, isn't worth the effort. I know that eventually, I'll find a "local" buyer, but who knows when.
    And heck, he also brought me 13 boxes of 16 gauge shotgun ammo to sell. $4.00 a box.

Quote Originally Posted by contender1 View Post
    I have 19 boxes of Remington 38 Spl factory ammo, 158 grn LSWC that an elderly gentleman has asked me to sell for him. Nobody has jumped to buy it. This gentleman has told me to ask $40 per box for it. I'm helping a friend,, & not making a dime. Yet,,,, no buyers yet, and I've had it available for over 2 months.
    Tell your friend he is asking full scalpers prices for his ammo. While some will sell for that price, others will want a certain configuration if they are paying that price. That 16 gauge ammo is a bargain for a friend of mine. But yes, shipping probably kills the good price. Shipping loaded ammo does not require hazmat fees.
    Last edited by smkummer; 04-25-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Boolit Master

If I were you I would post it in the classifieds. I'd say it was for a retired friend and offer it up for a F2F and if someone wants to buy and ship that is on them.
    JMHO-YMMV
    dd884
    gary@2texastrucks.com
    Gary D. Peek