Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That Darn Mittens

Boolit Master

That Darn Mittens

Hello Bakerjw. How’s our favorite cat Mittens doing?

Boolit Master
    Funny that I came across this.
    My wife texted me this morning letting me know that Mittens is waiting for me.
    When I leave for work most mornings, she runs around crying and looking for me.
    Today, she hopped up on my computer desk and sat waiting and hoping that I would show up.
    In evenings when I try to do crosswords or suduko puzzles, she has to lay on top of everything and try to catch the pencil.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mittens.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	41.7 KB 
ID:	281354

The pencil catcher.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210331_154433088[1].jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	281355
    “Coincidence is God’s way of remaining anonymous.”

Boolit Grand Master

Glad to see that she settled in and doing well.

Thought this thread was about that worthless *** Mittens in Utah...

Boolit Master
    I too often wonder about Mittens. This update,, with these pics,, just makes my day's issues melt away. Lots of smiles here. I truly have enjoyed following this story.

Boolit Master
    Glad to see she’s doing well! Seems you have been adopted
    “You don’t practice until you get it right. You practice until you can’t get it wrong.” Jason Elam, All-Pro kicker, Denver Broncos

Boolit Master

Thank you for the update. I’m glad she’s doing well!

Boolit Master
    She has learned that during the day there is enough room on my wife's chair to get in behind her. So, I have lost some of her attention.
    Well, until nap time and then she bounces off of the walls trying to get upstairs first.

Moderator Emeritus

Such a cutie! And spoiled rotten!

Boolit Grand Master

I enjoy seeing Kitty photo's ... post more Mittens Updates !
    Kiities Rule
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I love cats and we have a bunch of them here on the farm, ALL of them spayed/neutered, vaccinated etc, we love them all. The little buggers have cost me a mint in cat food, vet bills, etc but I don't begrudge any of it as they are worth every penny just to have them around. These are sort of "rescue" cats I suppose as we didn't intentionally bring them here, we live in a very secluded area and idiots tend to abandon animals along a back road that runs by us. We rarely see any dogs and I am guessing the cats (usually older kittens) hear me calling our cats at feeding time and they seem to understand the universal "here kitty kitty" call for cats at feeding time. However some (most actually) are found at our doorstep in a malnourished, skinny, dirty and very scared/confused condition, the question then becomes "how do you say no to a starving kitten"? We try nurse them back to a healthy condition and then find homes for them. Right now we have 14 cats that we are caring for but some are already spoken for when they get a bit older and we expect the others will be adopted soon, of course the adoption doesn't apply to the three pets we have in the house with us!
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    You may experience the occasional "foster fail", thats when you meant to foster a kitty but end up keeping it. It happens! I don't consider it a failure, it's just what caring folks do in the case where they find a pet they really like.

I am very glad she's found a job and purpose in life (pencil monitor?) and is earning her keep

Boolit Master
    Thanks for the Mittens update,She`s Real sweet heart.
    Good luck.Have fun.Be safe.
    Leo
    People never lie so much as after a hunt,during a war,or before an election.
    Otto von Bismarck

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by maryb View Post
    such a cutie! And spoiled rotten!
    very....

Spoiled rotten is the only way for pets to be

Boolit Buddy
    [QUOTE=Mr_Sheesh;5170012]You may experience the occasional "foster fail", thats when you meant to foster a kitty but end up keeping it. It happens! I don't consider it a failure, it's just what caring folks do in the case where they find a pet they really like.

We are total "failures", lol! My wife fostered a pregnant cat, her first, helping out the local shelter 11yrs ago. It had a litter of four in our extra bedroom. We kept two and our kids adopted the other two. Of the many she has fostered since we kept another kitten that passed at 16 months from a genetic heart issue and then replace it shortly after and still have those three. One shelter cat we fostered was experiencing kidney failure during her pregnancy and after all the kittens were adopted we kept her another three years giving her fluid IV's daily me working the bag and my wife the needle end (with her somehow managing both ends when I wasn't home) until she finally had to be put down as my wife held her. The vets called her the miracle cat and she and I had a special relationship - it helped I wasn't the one sticking her everyday. It is nice to know all the kittens we have fostered over the years were adopted with the last two recently going to a home after a couple extra years here as they were feral kittens and the male never did completely come around which is why we kept them until they could be adopted together. It was a lot of work but rewarding and we (more so my wife) are currently on a break after a steady 11 years of fostering.

Boolit Master
    As I've mentioned before,, we love our cats.
    But I could never be a foster family. I'd want to keep them all.

I had a kitty with kidney failure, she didn't mind the sticks to put Ringers in under her fur as much as I did, I don't think. She just let me do it, no complaint or attempt to leave. And I would not call myself good at needle work.

Banned

Can't imagine a home without a cat. Our three are also spoiled rotten.

Boolit Master
    There are some very kind souls here on CB.

Our beloved cat Louise (out of a set of 3 named Hewey, Dewey and Louie <- ended up being a female) started with kidney issues at about 18 years of age. The vet where we took her explained that in some cats, their kidney cells start working overtime, that's why they need the subcutaneous water injection. It was very hard on Louise so we ended up have her put down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast