Lee PrecisionWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Repackbox
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New twist on PO cashing a USPS Money Order.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by jonp View Post
    I have to confess that I had no idea the P.O. cashed anything. I always take them to a bank and they treat them just like any check. Deposit into your account.

I did once have a bank refuse to cash a company paycheck that was from that bank because I didn't have an account there which I found pretty darn odd.
    Nothing wrong with that as long as you hold the merchandise until the check clears. Normally it takes around ten days. The bank will cash them and when they discover they are fake they will take the money out of your account. A buddy got burnt for around $3,500 by fake MO's. If the PO cashes them and they are fake it's not your problem.

The reason Banks don't cash checks unless you have an account is they have no way to recover the money on fake or forged checks. That is why they would not cash a company paycheck that was from that bank.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 04-12-2021 at 02:35 AM.
    2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Grand Master
    Now that they take debit and charge cards, they have even less cash on hand.
    I've had to go back a few times because they just didn't have the cash.
    I've never tried taking it to my bank.
    Always thought they wouldn't take it.
    Just deposit is fine.
    I'll try it next time.

Banned

Our town is low income so the post office allways has cash for money ordeers. People in there getting them for $20 and paying with pennies. Not making fun of them, I have been there myself. But low income seems to deal with cash a lot more than normal places.

They have a book to check numbers and a blue light the check for something on the MO here.

Boolit Master

Don't confuse a contract station with an actual Post Office.

If there's not a Flag out front it's most likely a contract station.

Also almost all real post office building have a name and the ZIP code on the outside of the building.

They also have a posting with all the Federal wanted posters.

If they also handle UPS and/or FedEx it's not a Post Office, it's a contract station.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    I have an app on my iPhone for my bank. With it I can deposit checks by taking photos of the front and back. However, it will not work with money orders. It will work depositing a money order at the bank ATM, but that’s 30 mile away. So, when I accept payments in S&S, I will go with PayPal, or personal checks from established members. I’ll never take another USPS money order. I used to like my post office, but have noticed a bad attitude from them lately. We all know how the service has gone downhill in the last year. The receipts you get when you make a purchase at the PO, has a site listed where you can submit a survey on your experience with the clerk and PO. I used to submit them giving high marks. From now on, I’ll give negative reviews.

Boolit Grand Master

I’m not understanding... the line was long... did you wait your turn or did a line suddenly form up behind you? Either way, you are at the counter and it is only reasonable that your postal business should be attended to. You should have insisted on it.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Yes, they actually have a phone number that they call to verify the MO is real. I've had the same issue at my small PO, along with no cash. So I deposit in my bank. Which is one reason I dislike MO. You pay for them and then they are just hard to cash...

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    This is just some musing . . . . but I wonder how long Ford or GM would stay in business if they would not service the products they make and sell? But then we ARE talking about the USPS . . . a government run enterprise . . . . .

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    I’m not understanding... the line was long... did you wait your turn or did a line suddenly form up behind you? Either way, you are at the counter and it is only reasonable that your postal business should be attended to. You should have insisted on it.
    Small town. I’ve known the postal clerk for 20 yrs. I wasn’t going to make a demand on her, and cause a scene in front of my neighbors. Just saying, I’m all done with using USPS money orders. I won’t buy them, and I won’t accept them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12