Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Wideners

Thread: For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, Apr. 11

For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, Apr. 11

Good morning all. Today's message is from Hagee Ministries and a good reminder for us to accept our personal responsibilities. Have a safe and blessed day.

Proverbs 25:28
    "Whoever has no rule over his own spirit is like a city broken down, without walls."

Daily Truth

Personal responsibility begins and ends with each one of us. While we cannot control every circumstance around us or many of the things that happen to us, we are responsible for how we respond and react.

In every place that we refuse to accept responsibility, we forfeit liberty. People who forfeit liberty surrender to dictators.

Most dictators in this life are not elected. A dictator overtakes and sets up rule. A dictator quells opposition, hoards all the power, limits the rights of his subjects, and abolishes freedom.

When we refuse to accept personal responsibility – when we blame, avoid, or play the victim – it creates a power vacuum into which an emotional dictator will swoop. When we refuse to take responsibility for our personal attitudes, we submit to emotional dictators. Rage, bitterness, jealousy, and offense are dictators that will overtake us and leave us defenseless against the wiles of Satan. Like an Old Testament city without its protective walls, the enemy will breach the barricade and pour in like a flood to steal, destroy, and kill (John 10:10).

Poor financial decisions become dictators when we are careless stewards over the resources that God has gifted to us. When we owe more than we earn, when we rob God by withholding our tithe (Malachi 3:8), when we ignore those in need, we relinquish our responsibility and our rights. A financial dictator will destroy relationships, steal our peace, and usurp our power.

No matter how we like to consider ourselves masters over the universe, we truly control nothing but ourselves. We have the power to respond and react in ways that bring honor to God, as well as health and harmony to our daily lives.

That power is rooted in relationship with Jesus Christ. When we welcome Him into every aspect of our lives, the Holy Spirit empowers us to live with self-control. Through the spiritual weapons that He provides, we can capture every thought, impulse, emotion, and action to bring it under the rulership of Christ (II Corinthians 10:5-6).

When we choose to do so, when we act as the responsible men and women of God that He created us to be, the opposition of the enemy is quelled. The Holy Spirit fills us with power for right living. We embrace all of the promises and provision of God. We dance in freedom.

Today's Blessing

Omnipotent Jesus, I submit to Your reign in my life. May no other dictator ever take root in my heart. Help me to guard my mind and my actions, my responses and reactions so that I always honor You and demonstrate to others a more excellent way. In the name of Jesus…amen.
    Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, in order to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Boolit Master

Great message - A little self control ( provided by the Holy Spirit ) is a marvelous thing. Thanks or the message and scripture this morning. God Bless
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Master

Amen and thank you for a great message!