RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $180 brick of 22lr

Boolit Master

By the time Biden is through with dollar values , that price may look good !

Boolit Buddy
    Buy it low and stack it high my friends.

Take the advice of Rabbi Meir "Never Again" Kahane and Winston “Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it” Churchill.

Boolit Master
    The Ammoseek site shows lowest prices on 22LR at 18 cents each. Just got some on another forum for 12.5 cents delivered, more than I am used to but don't expect prices to drop anytime soon.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, or one of the similar outdoor magazines recently interviewed both Hornady and Black Hills and both said they have no intention of raising prices, nor do other ammo manufacturers. They said the ammo industry is a much smaller industry than most people believe and once you start price gouging and screwing folks they find out very quickly and your reputation is ruined in a hurry. I know dealers say manufacturers are raising prices but in reality it's the distributors and dealers doing it and lying to cover their butts. Most shops around here are gouging people something terrible but I have one local shop that still has $550 AR's, $50 lowers, and if you get there on the day the shipments come in you can get primers for $28-$30/1000 and powder for $25/lb. It's first come first serve and even though he gets his deliveries on Thursdays powder and primers don't show up every Thursday. Luckily he's been in business for 40 years and the previous owners were there since the 30's, according to him he has highest seniority with distributors in the state and some out of state as well as with certain manufacturers. My favorite part is that Ruger firearms are always 25% off retail as he buys at 35% off.

The last .22 L.R. ammo I bought was a box of the Remington 525 golden bullets. I bought them in early 2020 for somewhere between $15-$20 from a different local shop, stuff didn't start getting difficult to find around here until late October of last year. I've seen a few people on various other forums say that in certain parts of the country primer and powder stocks are back to normal, so hopefully this is about over.
    If they choose to sell it below market value, someone else will just buy it and sell it for the market price. It's no different than if you sold me GE stock for 5 dollars a share and I sold it for the $13.32 it is selling on the market as of this writing. The market value of a commodity does not change just because the sellers of the product aren't willing to sell it for the market value. That is why the shelves are bare. That said, if you have GE stock and you want to sell it to me for $5 a share, you're absolutely welcome to do so and I will buy every share you can produce for that $5.

Boolit Master
    Got an email from Wideners last week. Winchester 525 packs of 22LR for $154.00 each.

The last shortage taught me a lesson...& this shortage still got me again...

No problem with center-fire components, that's where I learned a lesson. But...then I wasn't shooting a precision .22lr Benchrest rifle . . . I had 9 bricks of various .22lr put away but it was all the 'on sale' bricks of lesser quality, sorta like ole'Lesters ammo.

LOVE this sign ... ... it now has a new meaning to me!

What are we to do if we want to enjoy the BR community? You sure can't feed a precision rifle with Lesters stuff!
    Look at the prices quality ammo is going for..."when it 'is' in stock & you had better be quick about it too or it's gone in a flash!"

I had to choose between putting the rifle back into the safe...or...enjoying it, also having that peace of mind shooting & the relaxation that shooting brings us.
    I try to shoot everyday, it is relaxing, rewarding and shooting allows me to escape this 'Mad World' we are all caught up in for a couple hours a day.

I guess I justified 3 bricks of the Match for those reasons. One thing sure about the cost now...it'll make you 'make every shot count!'
    a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle M. View Post
    Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, or one of the similar outdoor magazines recently interviewed both Hornady and Black Hills and both said they have no intention of raising prices, nor do other ammo manufacturers.
    ??? Hope so but not what I’ve read. Winchester announced two weeks ago they were raising ammo prices 8-10% along with components, except primers that were going up 25%. If the increase is driven by higher material costs, other manufacturers will also get hit and raise prices. If Winchester is just taking advantage of the panic other manufacturers will follow suit. If & when production finally surpasses demand primers will available but at $50/1K or more.
    Bear in mind that before the panic standard primers were $33/1K, Midway’s posted (still out of stock) price is $75/1K. Increased material costs can’t justify the 125% increase. We are lucky we reload. Retail range ammo is showing up now and prices are up 300 to 400%.
    In the early 70’s gas prices went from .33 to .70 a gallon overnight. After the ‘shortage’ the price stayed at .70, until the next shortage.

When (IF) prices fall out of the stratosphere, they ain't going back to how it usta was. Copper just passed $9500/ton, on it's way to ????. Electric cars use 200 pounds of copper, vs. ~ 40 pounds for gasoline burners. That's gonna make it worse than ever. Add to that the copper needed to provide charging stations for them.

Save ALL your .22 hulls and recycle. There is now a kit you can buy to reprime used hulls, and it might be worth investing in one as a hedge.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Save ALL your .22 hulls and recycle. There is now a kit you can buy to reprime used hulls, and it might be worth investing in one as a hedge.
    I enjoy reloading but hope I never have to reload .22 or primers. Between my failing eyesight and ten thumbs loading .380 is challenging enough.

Boolit Bub
    Lucked out at a gun show last weekend and got 2 federal 550 packs for &120
    I'M FROM THE GOVERNMENT....I'M HERE TO HELP!!

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    If for some reason all my store bought 22’s were to be exhausted... have three 22 rf molds and a tad over 8000 primed empty cases
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    One of the indoor gun ranges near me wants $19.99 per box of 50 .22LR rounds. With sales tax that is more than 40 cents each. That would be $200 plus for a a brick of 500. $39.99 for a box of 20 .22 magnums too. Other stuff is priced way up there too.

Boolit Buddy
    We've been paying .048-.095 cents per rd for Federal, Win, Rem and CCI over the last few weeks. Picked the kids up close to 4k rds.
    Cargo

Boolit Master

I bought a brick of Tenex off Gunbroker at a friend's request 3 weeks ago for $360. He was happy to get it.

Hope for the best, plan for the worst.
    My amendment can beat up your amendment.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Price of poker just went up ... if a common brick of 22’s can go for $180 ... I have a brick of Lapua Match Target rounds with the rest of my collectibles
    Well, I didn't want to contribute to the craziness but I couldn't pass up a offer $1250 for my brick of Lapua X-act. They're usually $25.00 or so a box, so I didn't make a terrible killing but did more than double my money.

Cheaper to reload 9mm. get a pcc in 9 hey while your at it get 1 in 45 also [Hi Point]

I was fortunate I bought a Box of reloading stuff at a Yard Sale A couple Months ago for $5.00 In the bottom of the Box was 4 50 rd boxes of .22lr Thunder bolts, and a 500 rd Brick ofCCI .22lr. I don't get that lucky very often. There is NO ammo availabe here in Long Beach WA now, not even at the only Gun Shop. Guns are limited to AR Style guns.

Wasted yer luck. Shoulda been playing the slots in Vegas!
    Cognitive Dissident

I got the 327 for this reason back when the BH came out because of how it was with the 22lr when Zero was in office and I use them for my trap line .If need to I will use the 32 S&W cartridge in my 327 to take the place of 22lr if need to and when get low on the 22lr, I will save them after for the guns that needs them. The price of these 22 lr is getting out of hand sad to see . makes reloading and casting the best thing to do now for how things are I do reloading and casting for other reasons then this and did not need this reason to do it and you can get a 30 cal to shoot like a 22lr. I done it . beside my 22 -250 I posted about it some time ago. I already got the reload of primers for all down and P caps also. Sad times we in .
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Master
    Price does not particularly matter if swapping ammo. My Ruger 77-22 likes Rem. GB’s; thought I was short on them. Checked local gun shop; he’d just gotten a bulk pack of GB’s. Asked about a swap, was ok with him; so swapped a bulk pack of Federals for the pack of GB’s.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast