Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $180 brick of 22lr

Boolit Master
    american eagle is £48 for 500 ,cci mini mags £55 for 500.never thought we would be cheaper than in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by robg View Post
    american eagle is £48 for 500 ,cci mini mags £55 for 500.never thought we would be cheaper than in the USA.
    I think it is because for what is going on here in the states , one of my sisters is just getting into reloading and she had to get some of the things she needed from the UK then here in the states because of for how it is here now. Just like there is some think in Canada that is in stock but not here in the states and here it is higher. Said times are here . Thanks for the up date on the prices are there.
    Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

Boolit Grand Master Tripplebeards's Avatar
    I just left a Walmart. They had a 3 box of ammo per person limit. I and my relative picked up 5 boxes of 100 CCI CB 710 FPS shorts for $7.98ea and a 15 round box of 12 gauge Winchester 2 3/4” slugs for $13.98. The relative was my mom who I sweet talked into grabbing a few extras for me. There was a guy in line who bought the other box of Winchester slugs and 2 boxes of 15 Winchester 2 3/4” slugs. There were 2 boxes of CCI left for sone lucky person. The guy who bought the slugs said he bought a brick of 22lr at our other Walmart a few days ago. Glad I waited.I saw a box of 50 quiets at the LGS a few weeks back for $12.99 and passed. I’ve been looking for those CB’s for a couple of years now. Picked up a a 1850’s 6mm flobert and restored it a few months back. I’be been on a mission to get the shorts to try in it. I just picked up 3 more 22lr rifles so I needed the extra ammo to test them out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eAMfdQi.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	283683
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 05-29-2021 at 05:59 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I began to stock up on .22lr and reloading supplies before Obummer was elected. I bought a little of any thing every month on payday. I'm set for several decades now. The price of all shooting supplies will come down but not to pre-pandemic level. Take this disaster (Biden) as a new warning and stock up as you can. I'd like to see "Trump" re elected and have new laws put into effect to provide ammo manufactures with a stimulus to reduce the cost to mfg ammo.

With the $ weakening, anything we import, from microwaves to ammo to oil, is going the more expensive. Don't count on the price of gas coming back down in the fall. If you need anythng, buy it now before the $ shrinks any further.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Master
    The local major sporting goods retailer got a bunch of small CCI pistol and rifle primers. Their price was about a dollar/100 more than last year. Those primers could be bought by the brick after they got a second shipment.

I bought ammo like some bought stocks; a little each payday. I’ve got more 22lr than I’ll ever shoot. ( I bought because I have 3 daughters and wanted to introduce them to shooting sports). I’m not a hoarder, but if I can find it at a decent price, I’ll buy it because eventually, it won’t be available ever.

At that price I'll sell all my cci standard velocity and Federal and make and extra mortgage payment on my house.

It's curious that we here in New Zealand now have CCI shorts. CCI longs along with their other offerings. The shorts and longs are not too bad in comparison to their other stuff and other makers stuff. I might be interested in the longs if I knew they would shoot straight in my rifles (or one of them actually). The logic being they have lighter projectiles at subsonic velocities. Maybe I should just get a pack and try them. That would be for quiet back yard work.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

I tried the CB shorts on my 1850’s 6mm Flobert. Still to powerful fo a round. Good thing I picked up a tin of 6mm flobert rounds.

Longs will work fine.
    Cognitive Dissident

I was at local outdoor sale this past weekend. Semi annual deal. Many dealers selling guns and ammo. I saw one guy who had CCI 22s and Primers for $200 @ brick. I didn’t see a lot of ammo sold but there were people buying one box at similar prices. Prices on guns were ridiculous. I was looking to buy a SxS 12g for a buddy. Just a Stevens or similar. A cool $600 to open and they weren’t creame puffs.

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    Longs will work fine.
    They blow the action open when firing and the spent case will fly across the room...or my eyes or head if I would have been dumb enough to hold it up to my cheek when I tested longs a few months back. The CB shorts throw sparks in every direction but the action doesn’t completely open. If there is a 22lr round that’s less powder and velocity than the 710 FPS CB I will have to test it.

I was answering 303guy.

But for your Flobert ... can you find some of Aguila's Colibri?
    Cognitive Dissident

Quote Originally Posted by uscra112 View Post
    I was answering 303guy.

But for your Flobert ... can you find some of Aguila's Colibri?
    I wish. Anyone have some I could trade some other 22lr ammo for?

I got lucky and asked a Walmart employee if they had 22lr today. He checked the back room and brought out a case of 22lr federal auto match along with 2 boxes of 333 Winchester ammo. Limit of 3 so I grabbed a box of 325 auto match with both boxes of Winchester 333’s. I was ticked because I sighted in my cz452 ultralux with the Winchester ammo yesterday. I knew it shot about a half inch with a 5 shot group at 50 yards with my old scope that was fuzzy. It now shoots all in the same hole at 50 yards with better optics! I installed a tasco 2.5-10 mil dot on it. Here is my target from yesterday. The top right is the first 50 yards 5 shot group. I then I adjusted my scope down four clicks and two clicks to the left. That was the single hole straight down from the first group. I’ve been collected over two or three to the left and shot a five shot group. You can barely see the little red dot that I was aiming for. The whole is about the diameter of what a single 35 Rem would poke in a target. At 25 yards a 5 shot group looked like a single 308 poked through my target. I can hit dead center at 100 yards using the bottom of the first mil dot. After I figured out where to aim at 100 yards. I hit four gold balls and a shotgun shell…5 for 5!

Last edited by Tripplebeards; 06-10-2021 at 09:07 PM.

To much hoarding in the Lower 48. We have some supply but prices are higher than last year. Gov't deficits up here are keeping our dollar low despite the price of oil going up. Hurts when most of our imports come from the US.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

I stopped in Walmart today to get some SD cards for my trail camera and ran into some 22 Winchester Magnum ammo they had on sitting locked up with the guns. They were 3, 125 count cartons of 40 grain HP 1875fps for $22.85 ea with a limit of three. I’m very low in 22 WMR so all 3 went home with me. They aren’t the 30 grain hornady vmax my gun loves but I’ll make due.

Boolit Master
    Been watching prices on Ammoseek for 22LR and they have slowly dropped to the 10-12 cent range over the last several months. Have found a few sales on various forums that were within reason so picked up 2K Win for 12.5 cents delivered and 3.25K Federal Auto Match for just over 10 cents delivered. Went to a small local show end of July and prices were all over the place, one table had 50 rd boxes of Win for $25 next to bricks of Aquila for $65. Primers were few and ridiculously priced. Fortunately am well stocked on primers and powder and at my age my son will have to finish using them up.

Here a pic of my find

I also picked up a 1000 "Winchester 555" rebranded as browning from cabelas for around $49 a few months back.
    Last edited by Tripplebeards; 09-07-2021 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast