MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingLoad DataInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2PBcastcoWideners
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: $180 brick of 22lr

Boolit Master
    I am glad that I invested some of my retirement funds in ammo a few years ago.

FWIW I was in Walmart (Marietta OH) on Monday, they had no .22 ammo at all. Not that I need any - I was just curious. Like FLINT45 I laid in a lifetime supply during the first Clinton administration.
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Buddy
    Absolutely no ammo on the shelves in Flagstaff at the Sportsman when I went by last week. I still have some 22, but not a good enough supply. I'm well set for reloading with 30k+ primers, 28lbs of powder and I cast for everything. GT bullets is selling 96-2-2 and 94-3-3 lead at a decent price and I don't have to alloy it at home. Only thing I'm missing is a 30 carbine LNL plate, but I can single stage for that.
    I'm now been through every major scare/shortage since the early 90's, and they all seem to end the same.

No primers, some powder and a fair bit of .22lr locally. Ammo is hit and miss. Lots of "Out of Stock: in our retail outlet websites.

Take Care

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Boolit Master

Today.. Dunhams.. Remington thunder bolt 500 rd box... $50
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Bub
    A good lesson to have stocked up a while ago when given the chance. I have more than I'll ever go through. I'm sure. In trying to make this most meaningful, I would say to buy it whenever you see it at a reasonable price. I know this has been discussed for pages and there isn't much more I can say, but I'm just trying to fit in and contribute, and be accepted.
    How meaningful can you be, there is only so much to say before you are talking too much.

Boolit Bub
    During the Great .22 Famine of Obama I rationed my use. I still had plenty but what was sad my kids didn’t get the experience of blowing through 500 rounds in an afternoon like I did. They thought .22 shells were like gold. That may have been the more important lesson. Once .22 shells hit $.08 each I switched to my rolled .38 rounds. I did set buy prices. First it was $.05 round, then $.04, then $.03. I made sure when I found a deal , I stocked up. I would tell people in that situation now to do the same. If you need it buy it but watch for the deals. If history runs true they will come again. Remember a deal must be looked at from a current perspective not from the past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

We went to the gun show in Cambridge Saturday. One vendor was selling CCI Target standard velocity 22s for $42.74 a brick. I thought that was strange since the same vendor had some small pistol primers for $165/1000.
    Chuck

Boolit Buddy

Dunham's in Zanesville has had a fairly steady supply of Federal and Norma 22 LR ammo this year. prices are higher than 18 months ago. Also has a good supply of center fire ammo as compared to last year.
    Walmart has at best a sporadic supply of rimfire ammo
    Jim
    Last edited by ohiochuck; 09-30-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Boolit Master
    Yesterday the Walmart in Kalispell had Federal 325packs for $21.95 and Winchester Anniversary 300 packs for $40. I left them for someone else as I probably will never need any more 22lr.

Boolit Master

Our local Rural King has had Norma .22LR in stock for months but $8.99/50 it just sits there. Someone told me that it was on sale for $6.99. I'm glad there's no shortage at my house.
    Chuck

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I’ll never have a shortage …. Primed empty cases reloaded with smokeless or black powder … 2000 reloads done and about 7000 empty cases in inventory
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master
    I fired 200 rounds of new stock 22's yesterday from two brands. Cost was less than $7.50 and it was cheap fun.

40 five shot groups and it was damn good stuff. One brand average .71" groups at 50 yards and the other .88".

Air pellets are the answer to LR ripoff pricing.

Like Spoon, I shot .38 reloads during the last .22 LR shortage, but I am not wasting $100/k primers during this one.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

"Our local Rural King has had Norma .22LR in stock for months but $8.99/50 it just sits there. Someone told me that it was on sale for $6.99."
    That is what I paid for it last year at Dunham's. Now $12.00/box
    Jim
    Last edited by ohiochuck; 09-30-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Things are filling back in. Was in a gun shop in Sandusky Ohio this afternoon, multiple thousand rounds of 22, not cheap but available. Prices were down from a month ago, not much but coming down.

Center-fire ammo shelves were probably a 1/3 or more full, as opposed to completely empty 8 months ago.

Powder was easily 150 lbs. plus. Again in contrast to 8 months ago with bare shelves and prices were back in the low thirty dollar range.

The had primers, still pretty limited in quantity and prices were just silly. But they ARE starting to show back up.

Boolit Master
    The local Walmart had some Federal 325 packs at $21.95 and some Win anniversary 300rd packs for $40 a couple of days ago.

Boolit Master
    I picked up 3 330 round boxes of Federal Auto Match for 19 bucks each. Wal mart had these in stock as of last week. Only 4 boxes of shotgun shells and no other ammo. Frank

Banned
    Scheels in Mankato had Norma for 12.00 a box and plenty on hand, I left it all there. Might get a couple of boxes later, just because. I did pick up a brick of CCI Quiet Target for $45.00. I like it for indoor practice in the basement. Sadly, there was no CCI Standard.

Ken

Now I wonder if CCI has done another run of Quiet. About a year ago they told me they had no plan to make any more "for the foreseeable future". I was desperate, and paid a scalper $80.00 for a brick. (I use Quiet for pest control around the livestock and on the back porch.)
    Cognitive Dissident

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodbridge 30-30 View Post
    Went to an estate auction today that had a number of guns up for sale. Watched a brick of white box Winchester 22lr go for $180! I know prices are up but I about **** my pants! Wished I'd brought a few bricks to sell on consignment.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
    White box Winchester? Are you talking about 1950-60's era Olin military contract or other 1960's Winchester contract or was it the recent stuff? A brick of the Olin military contract has brought that (and more) for several years to collectors.... If it was the recent stuff, well.... a roll of TP would have been appropriate.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast