RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Load DataInline FabricationWidenersRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything

Thread: I need to buy three bullets to test cartridge overall length

Boolit Master

I need to buy three bullets to test cartridge overall length

I need to buy three Lyman #452651 325-grain .452-inch bullets to test cartridge overall length. If you can make them available for me to buy, please PM or email me.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Look at http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_deta...bullet=45-325L for nose (and therfore most probable) OAL dimensions w/ a known case length.

Assuming a 45 Colt 1.285" case, you're looking at ~1.59" OAL seated to/in the crimp groove.

Boolit Master
    Are you wanting to load into cases to see if they will feed in a particular gun ?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphtali View Post
    I need to buy three Lyman #452651 325-grain .452-inch bullets to test cartridge overall length. If you can make them available for me to buy, please PM or email me.
    I don't have that mould, so I can't be of direct help, but I can heartily recommend that you get a 3D printer and just model/print the bullets yourself. That's what I've been doing, with designs from our custom mould makers and with my own designs - it seems to work great. If you don't want to mess with seating a plastic boolit, you can just print the entire cartridge as-loaded as a test piece. Either way it reduces uncertainty about what will fit and how things will look.
    I'm a big fan of data-driven decisions. You want to make me smile, show me a spreadsheet! Extra points for graphs and best-fit predictive equations.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    Are you wanting to load into cases to see if they will feed in a particular gun ?
    Yes. Since inching down and recrimping will probably ruin a bullet, three should do the job for me. Neither gas check nor lubricant will be needed.
    It’s so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don’t say it. Sam Levinson

Did you look at Post #2 ?
    That's the 452651.
    http://accuratemolds.com/catalog.php...catalog-anchor

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Believe he is trying to micro detriment COAL for this in a previous post ... This is the hunting load I developed for my Freedom Arms 97 45 Colt. Without having chronographed the load from my 24-inch barreled Rossi 92
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by John Boy View Post
    Believe he is trying to micro detriment COAL for this in a previous post ... This is the hunting load I developed for my Freedom Arms 97 45 Colt. Without having chronographed the load from my 24-inch barreled Rossi 92
    This is precisely what I want to do. Same revolver. Same rifle. Same rifle barrel length. Can you help me out?