Titan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders JerkyWideners
Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data

Thread: .32 cal Buffalo Bullet Ball-et Ball

Banned

.32 cal Buffalo Bullet Ball-et Ball

Does anyone know anything about that particular bullet? Heard it performed well in 1:48 twist rifling. Was wondering if anyone knows the dimension of that particular bullet? Was thinking I might get a swage die for that. But I don’t have a sample on hand to work with....

Boolit Grand Master

Never shot one or even seen one up close but they are a very very short bullet. Basically look like a RB except one end extended like someone took a RB mould and ran a drill into it. Then I believe they knurled it to give it a tight fit. Beings it is so short it shoot good even in RB barrels. I never heard of them in a 32 before though.
    Aim small, miss small!

Banned
    I was surfing on the web. And lo and behold, there were talks of it, how it performed better than the .32 cal maxi ball. The maxi balls had mixed review. It was good in some rifles , bad in others...but the ball-et proved much better as you mentioned.

Boolit Grand Master

Depends on the maxi and the twist rate of the gun and a few other things. Allot of things go into play on accuracy for BP guns.
    Aim small, miss small!

Hello Darth,

My brother used to shoot them from his .58 Zuove, and swore by them.
    The company moved from California to I think Nevada, but has not re-started production.
    There was something on the internet about all of this, It also listed Dixie Gunworks as a main distributer.
    I signed up to get updates, but never heard anything more.
    I contacted Dixie, they replied that they keep promising but still no Buffalo Bullets.
    The Ball-Et's were a hollow base with a knurled lubricated surface.
    They were available in .32, .45, .50, .54, and .58 caliber.
    Right now the closest projectile would be the Hornady PA Conical, but I think only available in .50 cal.

AntiqueSledMan.

Banned
    That’s true. I know that the maxi ball is a longer bullet, and requires a faster twist barrel. And the ball-et bullets are shorter so a slower twist should work fine. [/QUOTE] Yeah, going to have to “revive” these bullets for use in my rifle. It’d be interesting to see how it performs on paper targets.
    Last edited by Darth-Vaj; 04-10-2021 at 06:56 PM.

Too bad that they are gone, I see their web page is still held and has a "coming soon" banner....... It would have made an interesting experiment, if accuracy was there it would have been cool for hunting in .54 cal, no patch and all.....